Purple stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis I am talking about my clone. Which is blueberry skunk

Another question I have. Should I be cutting the leaves are known as fan leaves. If so which ones and how often

No you definitely don't want to cut any leaves off. Those big "fan" leaves are the solar panels that power the chemical reactions that are used to build those special chemicals that we want. The only time you remove leaves is when they are yellowed, withered, and falling off the stem. You may have read about some people trimming the bottoms of their plants in flower. That is a method known as "lollipopping" which is when the plants are in flower, you remove those leaves and stems that are buried beneath the canopy of the plant where they don't get light and have no chance of reaching the light. That is something you can look in to later when you reach flowering.

How big is this closet in feet? length width and height. Closets are good locations to grow, especially if they are pretty big, however, they usually lack ventilation which is critical to a healthy, productive grow. Are you doing both the veg and flower in this space?

No I'm doing the veg in a only little bit smaller area in my bedroom. But the flowering will be done in the closet I I would say the closet is 4 by 6

The height is pretty much out there and I'm going to ventilate thru my attic

Hi Shell, welcome to The Passion :) We need to know a few things about your grow in order to help you better. First let me answer your questions: There isn't an "average yield" for any MJ plants. They are genetically predisposed to grow to a certain height in nature and iff all the conditions are right, they will yield to their predetermined amount. That can beany amount from a couple oz (dry weight) from an auto-flowering Indica to several pounds from a 16' tall hybrid Sativa. What we try to do as growers is optimize our environments to allow our plants to grow as healthy and happy as possible, then they will yield to their potential for the given amount of growth of the plant and the amount of optimum elements of their environment. :eek: Now that I have you totally confused, I will say that there isn't a good way to say how much a given plant will yield unless you have grown it under a certain set of repeatable conditions.

What we try to do is decide how much you want to get on a yearly or monthly basis, and then compare that to the space that you can use for growing. If you are in a state where you can grow outside then you can grow them to be much larger but if you are going to do an indoor grow then we will need to know how big of a space you have available to use.
Your question on pH: it depends on the type of medium that you are growing in. For organic growing in either organic soil or soilless medium, you will try to maintain around 6.5-6.8; for synthetic soilless medium grows, you will need to keep the pH lower around 6.0-6.5; and for hydro you try to stay in a range from 5.3-6.2 with an ideal static number of 5.8

So to the info we need to help you; how much would you like to get on a monthly basis? Are you wanting to grow many plants in a large space or just a couple plants to serve your personal needs? How much knowledge do you have for growing MJ? what kind of soil are you using? Do you plan to grow indoors? Do you have any lights for growing? What kinds. How big of a space can you devote to the grow? Do you have any nutrients ffor feeding your plants?

There is an enormous amount of knowledge to absorb for growing even for personal use. It can be quite intimidating but I don't want to discourage you. We are here to help each other and enjoy the love of this hobby that we share with each other as a community. So if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask :)
Wow shoulda have bothered you too when i was a noob noob.. lol now im just a few months older but still noobish lol good info by the way thanx cuz i wrote it down lol i dont rememebr things very easily thank yaaahahhhh :mouthout: :happaayyy: :coffee:

SNWbunie; You are quite welcome. Any time you have questions just ask. If I don't have the answer, one of the many experienced growers here will have the answers. :)

Shell; While exhausting through the attic is a good idea, you have to be careful to make sure your attic has good ventilation as well or you will build up moisture within the attic space that can breed mildew. Also remember that in order to exhaust air out of the house, you will have to allow air to also come in or you will cause a vacuum lock that will keep the space from breathing. Iff you have central air conditioning, many times it has an opening in the ductwork to the outside to prevent the vacuum lock ffrom happening, but you need to test this to be sure. :)

OK thanks so much and I will be sure to ask if I hav e any questions

Latest posts

Back