Putting my new Quantum Badboys to the test!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkone7

Reaction score
After assembling my new 8bulb Quantum T-5 unit,I realised that my grow cab was about 6 damn inches to narrow for the new setup ,so I spent the weekend tearing the old one apart and rebuilding from scratch...fun LOL.

My current crop is 10 Bubba X Lemon Kush plants from seed.This is the 6th time I have grown this strain from seed and as the first 60 of those seeds were all females I am not going to bother with the whole sexing/reversion thing.Should any show signs of being male when they hit pre-flower I will pull them then.

They are in 1 gallon grow bags with neutral soil with no pre added supplements or nutes.
I am watering 1/2 cup straight water every 2-3 days as needed and a mild solution of Seaweed extract @ 5mils per 2 litres every 7-10 days as they show the need for it.

Currently the girls average 12-14 inches in height with internodal spacing of about 1 1/2 inches.I am hoping this spacing will tighten up under the new lights.
Up to this point I was running them under 5 4ft. generic T-5 full spectrum bulbs. . . not bad but not great either.
they will continue to recieve the seaweed extract for the entire veg cycle as it not only contains all 13 mineral elements required for healthy plant growth ,but also a large number of natural growth hormones.

they are currently under an 18/6 light cycle which I will be switching to 12/12 in about a week.At that point I will add a top dressed supplement from a local company (Welcome Harvest Farms) called Flower Power.
Aprox 1 tablespoon is all I will add to each 1 gallon grow bag.I will also start adding an organic Bloom Tea once pre-flower signs appear.

now to see if I can add some pics here. . .Badboy unit unassembled and then some of it in action.

T-5 1.jpg

T-5 2.jpg

T-5 3.jpg

The plants have been under the new lights for a week now ,so here is a bit of a progress report.
My new 2900k bulbs have not arrived yet but due to height limitations in my cabinet I have put the 6500k bulbs on to the 12/12 cycle.
The internodal spacing is certainly tightening up under the new light.As well the lower and side branches are gaining height and mass ,both very good signs.
I also added a new Quantum Infinite Breeze fan to help move the air around inside the cabinet.I chose this particular fan as it does something no other fan I have seen do.Not only does it occilate from side to side but it also nods up and down.I thought this was a very cool feature as the air is much more efficiantly used all over the cab as opposed to just across a certain part of the plants or cabinet.
The girls are just starting to show the first hairs of pre-flower so I will add some Bloom Tea tomorrow for thier first feeding of the week.
Now for some pics. . .

fan1.jpg

fan2.jpg

fan3.jpg

fan4.jpg

If you want closer internodal spacing, run your lights 24/7 during veg. What is the lumen output on your T5s? What makes your new T5 better than the T5 you already had?

Hempgoddess. . .
My last T-5's were 24 watt generic full specs that had far too many hours on them.My new lights are 54watts each and have a much higher Lumen output. Listed at 88lumen per watt.
As for 24/0 light cycles.
I run 24hr from seed to aprox 3rd set of leaves.For actuall veg I use 18/6.My internodal spacing was poor because I had very poor quality lighting.
Under the new lights the spacing has shrunk to less than 1/2 inch.

Although my flowering spectrum (2900k) bulbs have not yet arrived,due to height restrictions of my cab ,I fliiped the girls cycle exactly one week ago.

I am happy to report that once again all ten plants are female.
They recieved thier first dose of Bloom tea yesterday as well as a top dressed bloom soil supplement.
The Tea was applied at a rate of 5ml per 2ltr and will be repeated each week at varied doses.
The soil supplement is a one time application.

The plants are still doing very well at this point with the internodal spacing having tightened up conciderably.
You may notice that I have taped my fan off to limit airflow.This is also due to cabinet size limitations.

T-5 5.jpg

T-5 6.jpg

T-5 7.jpg

T-5 8.jpg

Nice, neat and tidy.

88lm/w, that's great! Didn't know they could be that powerfull, all i've seen give like 50... Gotta look harder i guess.

Edit: how do i get rid of the sad smiley? It's not in the subject field when i try to edit. I'm not sad in any way!

The girls recieved thier second feed of Bloom Tea (w) a couple mil's of Seaweed as well.
They are doing well,but I have decided to hold off on my soil supplement untill after this feeding.They will recieve it at the end of this week.
Day temps are staying in the mid 70's with night temps dropping to the low to mid 60's

T-58.jpg

T-59.jpg

T-510.jpg

Still no red-spectrum bulbs to replace the grow bulbs but the plants seem to be coming along fairly well.
I added a soil supplement (top dressed) to boost flowering.
I have also added a Bloom Tea to the Seaweed extract for thier weekly feeding.
I put trays under the plants so they could get a more thorough watering to get the soil supplement working.
The addition of the fan is a nice help as well with day temps staying in the mid 70's and the stocks staying nice and thick.

T-511.jpg

T-512.jpg

T-513.jpg

T-514.jpg

T-515.jpg

Good to see you here too D1.
I can't wait to see them flower under the red spectrum bulbs.

Lol, yeah hate the growroom construction setbacks too!

Gorgeous colors to these plants though, Seaweed extract is tops.

Latest posts

Back