Question about using battery lamps and avoiding moss/toxic..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean gismonte

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to growing and yet to grow any plants.

The reason that I am posting is because I want to run few ideas and avoid any pit falls/dangers in my growing endavour.

Now here is my situation.... in few weeks I will have a busted up fridge in the basement and I am going to use it to grow cannabis and to avoid electricity usage I am going to buy few battery lamps with rechargers and charge them at my work or libary so I wont use my own electricity, then place them in the fridge ( the type that you can stick to walls/roof

The BIGGEST concern is...MOSS/toxic. Since I am new to growing I dont know the biology of plants in small space and I dont want to ruin the house or create a toxic enviorment that indangers my family.

So now I am wondering what steps should I take to ensure environmental safety in the house and in the fridge to avoid toxins moss and or anything that is dangerous to ones health.

Thank you.

sean gismonte said:
Hi there, I am new to growing and yet to grow any plants.

The reason that I am posting is because I want to run few ideas and avoid any pit falls/dangers in my growing endavour.

Now here is my situation.... in few weeks I will have a busted up fridge in the basement and I am going to use it to grow cannabis and to avoid electricity usage I am going to buy few battery lamps with rechargers and charge them at my work or libary so I wont use my own electricity, then place them in the fridge ( the type that you can stick to walls/roof

The BIGGEST concern is...MOSS/toxic. Since I am new to growing I dont know the biology of plants in small space and I dont want to ruin the house or create a toxic enviorment that indangers my family.

So now I am wondering what steps should I take to ensure environmental safety in the house and in the fridge to avoid toxins moss and or anything that is dangerous to ones health.

Thank you.

TI'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but there is so much wrong with this idea that I almost don't know where to start. Number one, this type of lighting will not work. Second, but certainly not least, is planning on stealing power from your employer to recharge these lights. If you cannot afford to grow without stealing, I suggest that you wait until you can.

I have never heard of MOSS/toxic.

I'm assuming he means mold, not moss. And by the sounds of it, he's only received limited advice of the worst kind, so lets lend him a hand.

Well gutting a fridge to create a stealth grow cabinet can be done, the conversion isn't an easy one, and you do need to have a good idea of what you are doing. Before doing anything I suggest you read a good book on the subject, or a few online guides on the how to's of growing this great plant. You just so happen to have found a forum with just such a guide available, not to mention a ton of info in all the forums under the stickies, and if you finish all those you will have enough info that any questions you may have after will be much more educated ones and much more specific.

Here's some links to get you started.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

Start ^^^^ there.

and when you get through that and realize the initial cost, which doesn't have to be much, you can go here

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

for some tips on what works and what doesn't, and how to make a lot of things on your own for much cheaper.

Good luck and I hope you go through the links and think, wow look at all this great info that will help me grow, and not ugh, i hate reading.

/me shrugs, I was in a good mood

Thank you very much tater these are really good links and the forum will help me way better since the information is more interactive and yes you are right I meant mold due to moister and my concern that it puts damage to the house

The mold on your plants will not spread to your home. I say this cause we are growers! We check our ladies daily so if mold pops up we tackle it right then. Pooling water is your worst enemy when fighting mold issues. With the right temps, fans, and ventillation you should have no probs.

drop the battery idea it just doesnt work, batteries lose their efficiency very quickly and are very costly, and even if you were to pay thousands $s to get a bigass battery that can light up your grow for enough time, you wouldnt be able to carry it, it's just not feasible, dont do it

Latest posts

Back