Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
i wanna try a bigger pot...im in 3gal now..3wk veg so far..going 12/12 in a wk..2wks at the most...if i go to a 7 1/2gal just prior to the 12/12 switch..what kind of height can i exspect..ballpark...all sativas..jack herer...lambs bread....super silver haze...i have 5 to 5 1/2 ft max height(hence the 7 1/2 and not a 10gal)...all are LST'd at the moment and will remain throughout the grow...ANY and ALL COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.....THANKS!

I'm sure you know that the bigger the root mass, the bigger the plant will be, but it is hard to say how tall they would get. What are you wanting to accomplish with bigger pots at this point? How tall do these get in this setup, in these pots?

Its a bit of a educated guess but I would think that by transplanting just before the flip would only allow them a couple weeks of growth at most before they switch over completely to flowering, and that would allow them to maybe get somewhere just less than half again as big as they do normally(in other words, if they get to 3' tall in the current containers, then going to double sized containers would allow them to grow to 6' in veg, but only having a couple week window of growth after the flip would limit them to about 4.5' tall) again, this is more guestimating based on experience than precise knowledge :)

Hi Bud,

You know Jack isn't going to get too tall but I don't know about the other strains. I use 5 gallon pots. With your lst you should be fine. I grow big girls that veg for 2 months. I don't think you will go over your 5' limit.

As always, greenest of mojo.

Size of pot alone won't necessarily dictate height of plant, the fact you're LST'ing them will factor in greatly, I don't think they're going to grow up as much as they will out....jmhe. I often transplant to much bigger pots the final weeks before (and sometimes even after) the flip, keeps the gals healthy and happy! Training them makes for some wicked big bushy beasts (depending on amount of time I allow to veg after flip) and nice yields!

If concerned with getting too big, wait to transplant closer to flip! Personally, if there's good room in your bud space, veg them out and reap the rewards!

plants look banging my friend..great advise so far..I like to transplant then let recoop for a week befor flip..just my thaughts

Great advise as usual....ok, so i'll transplant wednesay(that'll be 4wks in veg)once transplanted i'll let'm go two more weeks and then flip..at that point it will be 6wks in veg..thanks again

buddogmutt said:
Great advise as usual....ok, so i'll transplant wednesay(that'll be 4wks in veg)once transplanted i'll let'm go two more weeks and then flip..at that point it will be 6wks in veg..thanks again

Dude, I'm no expert, but those plants look great to me. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back