Rain Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinetySeven

"This Magic Moment"
Reaction score
Greetings All ...Does anyone know if rain water makes`any kind of difference either bad or good ? I have been using only rain water for all purposes.I get good results on plain flowers but so far all some old bag seeds gave me was 1 shoot out of maby 10 seeds and it wilted.

Any comments or knoweldge of the subject would be appriciated.

T.Y

Im not sure to be honest, but I know my Pop's swears by it ! He waters all of his house plants with rainwater ?

NinetySeven said:
Greetings All ...Does anyone know if rain water makes`any kind of difference either bad or good ? I have been using only rain water for all purposes.I get good results on plain flowers but so far all some old bag seeds gave me was 1 shoot out of maybe 10 seeds and it wilted.

Any comments or knowledge of the subject would be appreciated.

T.Y

It depends entirely on where you are. If you're near or next to any manufacturing, in or near a major city, near a mining operation or other factors, the rain could be filled with nasties.

The look, taste and pH of the water will tell a lot of the story.

If it has a "flavor" or is tinted or the pH is whacked out, then I'd say don't use it.

StoneyBud said:
It depends entirely on where you are. If you're near or next to any manufacturing, in or near a major city, near a mining operation or other factors, the rain could be filled with nasties.

The look, taste and pH of the water will tell a lot of the story.

If it has a "flavor" or is tinted or the pH is whacked out, then I'd say don't =========

It rained last night and im going to look at + taste it
i have a bucket with a screen over it to keep bugs out..oh and i live near the Atlantic Ocean maby 7 miles ..Thanks for the info SB...going to look and taste right now ..

chris1974 said:
Im not sure to be honest, but I know my Pop's swears by it ! He waters all of his house plants with rainwater ?

Thanks Chris...I have a few buckets in the yard to catch the rain with a screen over it to keep out the bugs.

Thanks again

chris1974 said:

My mom swore by it too. Watered all her house plants with it and they did good.
I've been using rain water with good results. I set buckets underneath the downspout. I let the water sit in the bucket for about a day and "settle out" before I fill the jugs.
I believe I still have some lockout due to PH, but confirmed the order of a PH pen today.
Can't wait.

:)

Gb

i use rainwater on all my outdoor plants. the ph is right on 7.0:) ...my location...

i know others that collect and use rainwater as thier primary on thier indoor grows also...and swear by it...;) ...

Heavy polluted areas can have a acid in the high 5's. Acid rain is below 5.6 I believe.
Country areas usually have a ph of around 6.5-7.

I try to use rainwater only. I sag the tarp on my boat and collect it out the middle of that. I dont trust the downspouts yet awhile cause its a new home, new roof. Dont know whats washing off just yet.

Alot of info just googling about it. You can even try for ph adv of an area search. And if in a major city. Find beforehand knowledge if a rain will be acid rain or not. Which actually happens alot more than you think. Sometimes acid rain can reach as low as the 2's or 3's.

My grand pa made a huge underground storage for the rain water.
He tells that rain water is good to everyone. If you always water the plants with rain water then plants keep growing fast.

Latest posts

Back