Re: Dealing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
About 15 years ago I had a friend, who only smokes occasionally, ask me to teach him how to grow.
He planted 10 seeds in April and in Oct. harvested over 4 lbs!
Now he knew he smoked a few oz's of killer/year. He had a lot so he asked me to talk to this guy I know we'l call him Ric, who brokers deals between growers and sellers
I invited Ric and my friend over to talk.
My friend said "I don't like having all this pot around. I'm willing to sell it really really cheap."
Ric replied "I'll help you sell it, but not for less than the going price."
He continued "There are people out there that make their living selling pot. If I selling something just as good as theirs for cheaper, they consider it like I'm taking money out of their pocket. I don't want to open the door someday and have a guy bust my kneecaps with a baseball bat."

When some people first realize the huge amt.'s of $$ to be made by growing pot ($75,000.00/year net from a 12' x 12' room for example) they get greedy.

So let's say they grow really good and after the first harvest they have 6 lbs. of dried cured kick-ass pot.
Now what?
Yeah you can sell some to your friends but you have to be careful that they don't know YOU grew it. Or that you're sitting on lbs.
6 pounds of quality pot is worth let's say $18,000. Reason enough for someone to break in and steal it, and if you're in the way...
But let's say no one breaks in.
You can't be selling oz's left and right. That brings too much foot traffic. Even a rookie cop tipped off and who observes like 5 or 6 people stopping by every day, staying for 15 minutes or less and then leaving with a bulging pocket would know somethings up.
Or say someone you sold to gets busted and rats you out to avoid a lead enema at the police station. A buy is set-up, the cops bust in and find a major commercial grow op--bye bye for years.
But getting busted is the least of your worries.
The real danger is dealing with organized crime.
6 lbs/harvest x 6 harvests/yr is 36 lbs. of pot. That's over $75,000.00 woth of ganja.
That means you'll be swimming with the big fishes.

And selling 36 lbs/yr means you won't be dealing with the true mafia people. Believe it or not, if you're straight up with them they'll be straight up with you.
You'll instead be dealing with the people inbetween the HUGE growers (100's of lbs. at a time) and the common street dealer (oz's).
This is where the true sharks cruise.
There's a lot of 'em, just waiting for a newbie grower to come along with a bunch of weed to sell.
Let's say you have 36 lbs. to sell. How many people do you know that could meet with you in the next few days with $70,000.00 cash?
Not many I bet. You're gonna have to start dealing with people you don't know, people who operate outside the law, people that can have someone killed or seriously messed up, people who would knife you and steal your pot without thinking twice about it.

Setting up a growroom, getting seeds and growing, dealing with failures and finally getting it down pat and harvesting, drying, curing and bagging/sealing--that's only 1/2 of the pot business.

I've never had anyone I know killed, but several have been beaten up & robbed.

Which is why I NEVER recommend that anyone sell (more than just to friends).
Grow enough for yourself and maybe a few select friends is the way to go, IMO.

P.S.--once you've dealt with the black market big-time, even just once, you're basically in the loop for years. There are people who know what you did and what you're doing.

Latest posts

Back