Re-vegged Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO I see no reveg growth in your pics.

All that light during the dark period can cause problems for the plant tho. I would set the plants where they get as little light exposure as possible during the night

ozzydiodude said:
NO I see no reveg growth in your pics.

All that light during the dark period can cause problems for the plant tho. I would set the plants where they get as little light exposure as possible during the night

Yay! K. Covered at night from here on out. Thanks Ozzy, you, and some others, have been a ton of help my first go around!:D

i've grown in front of those big video billboards with no adverse effects. let me tell ya, they throw out some light too!

Yeah I don't think those are revegging. sometimes some plants end up with some deep trait coming to the surface and causing a unique attribute to show up. That plant looks like it still has several weeks to go yet. Are you certain that you are seeing amber trichomes under the magnifying lens? I doubt the low level of valuable light coming from an outside incandescent bulb would be enough to cause them to reveg or herm even, but I wouldn't chance it though, so covering it from that is wise :)

Yeah there is some amber. Pistils are 50-60% orange. Purple tones are very apparent in the buds and leaf tips. But these plants are moving slowwwww. As you can see from my pics in that other thread I posted a link to my indoor clones have caught these in bud size already. Bud size hasn't changed since the move home, still have white hairs on lower parts of the plants. All my friends plants are in and harvested. Not sure what the dilly is, they seem to have just stopped all together. Remember you all said 3 weeks left 2 weeks ago...Root bound? Evil voodoo? An act of God? Maybe my plants just hate me for moving them from their lovely country home.

Can you get a close up pic of the sugar leaves so that we can see the trichomes? Clip off a sugar leaf and set on a flat surface and take a close pic. I actually used a magnifying lens in front of my camera lens to get a close up of the trichs. :)

Did you add any nitrogen or fert that has nitrogen in it when you brought them inside or just before you brought them inside?

Hushpuppy said:
Can you get a close up pic of the sugar leaves so that we can see the trichomes? Clip off a sugar leaf and set on a flat surface and take a close pic. I actually used a magnifying lens in front of my camera lens to get a close up of the trichs. :)

Did you add any nitrogen or fert that has nitrogen in it when you brought them inside or just before you brought them inside?

No Nitrogen. I did read up on nutes a bit before I started.:D Here is some pics, the best I could get through my loop.

WP_20131014_001.jpg

WP_20131014_002.jpg

WP_20131014_016.jpg

WP_20131014_007.jpg

I didn't see any sign of reveg either except one single leaf.. They look nice and cloudy... Green mojo for the end...good shots.

Unfortunately, I can't tell enough from the pics as to how much amber is present on the leaves. I think they look pretty cloudy though and possibly a few ambers. It may just be a genetic malfunction in that plant.

I had one set of plants one time that were supposed to produce decently sized buds but both plants produced buds that looked like strings of pearls, and it had trichomes all over the stems everywhere except the lower part of the main stem. It ended up being seriously sticky gooy dank but really weird looking buds.

If it is a sativa dominant strain, I would let it go a couple weeks past the breeder's flower time as something could have caused it to "pause" during the flowering. If its more Indica dom then I would let it go a week past breeder's flower time, and then pull it. By that time, if it hasn't started doing something, and there's no clear culprit that could have caused it to "pause" the flowering, then it has to be a genetic malfunction and it isn't going to do any better.

When in doubt, I see nothing wrong with clipping a small test bud, drying it overnight and seeing how it smokes. Some strains just don't amber up.

From another thread:

I'm upset that they seem to have stopped. I'm gonna end up harvesting my clones before these girls. I helped my buddy trim his late harvest stuff the other day and here is my supposedly early harvest plants still out in mid October. He just laughs at me...he's not very helpful. I'm just over thinking maybe, trying to figure it out. Everytime I come across something I'm all, "That's it!!", then it ends up not being the problem. These girls have had flowers on them since at least 8/14. (Edit: The big one has. The smaller was moved from a crappy spot late with early flowers, end of August but was still outside all summer) I checked pics and old texts to make sure. 60 days into flower on a strain that is supposed to take 45 days and they still look like they need 3 weeks.

First forget any advertising about when a plant will be harvested it's just a guess based on ideal growing conditions

8 to 10 week is the base line time for harvesting most strains of indica and hybrids

I'm comfortable harvesting now based on trichs alone. I guess I'm just hoping the buds will fill out more. I've got 4 more days of sun then rain for 3 days at least. So they get 4 more days in the sun and 2 in the dark then choppy choppy. I'm done stressing over these girls. Time to focus on nailing my indoor grows. Until next spring!

lol 45 day flower? not unless its an auto and even then 60-75 days from breaking soil, most plants are like ozzy said, indica dom 8-10 weeks sativa dom/pure sativas are more like 12-14 weeks+. and i see they had flowering going on on 8-14, thats only 8 weeks ago, defently needs more time if 8-14 was the earliest signs of flowers. also as iv said before more then likely it was the few weeks of cold temps at night that stunted her growth, im almost positive of that, dropping down to the 40s at night for weeks before you started moving her indoors at night was the problem, also since it is a potted plant that adds to it as well, potted plants soil/root zone will cool down MUCH MUCH faster then a plant thats planted streight into the ground outdoors, so as the day heats up the soil and roots, in a pot at night there is far more surface area to the pot thats exposed to the cold air as compaired to one in thr ground which will retain more heat throughout the cold nights because there is less surface area being touched by cold. hope that makes sense to yah. its the only major factor i can think of that could be behind the stunted growth. that puny pourch light aint doin it, not enough energy being put out by it to cause the plants hormones to revert to their veg ratios, so thats out as the culprit, do what you can and let it go as long as you can without it being put at risk for mold and such. and you may be right lol overthinking happens to the best of us my friend. just remember "keep it simple" the complex and convaluded arnt always the best.
ooh also for a beginner i highly recommend you keep a written journal of what work you did, like training on what plant, how much you fed them nutes/gal and such... really helps get things dialed in and helps you improve from grow to grow and lets you have a previous grow to reference to when you try something different to see if your new techniques are improving or hurting your final results. just a thought to help you out in the future if/when you grow the same strains again

sunakard2000 said:
lol 45 day flower? not unless its an auto and even then 60-75 days from breaking soil, most plants are like ozzy said, indica dom 8-10 weeks sativa dom/pure sativas are more like 12-14 weeks+. and i see they had flowering going on on 8-14, thats only 8 weeks ago, defently needs more time if 8-14 was the earliest signs of flowers. also as iv said before more then likely it was the few weeks of cold temps at night that stunted her growth, im almost positive of that, dropping down to the 40s at night for weeks before you started moving her indoors at night was the problem, also since it is a potted plant that adds to it as well, potted plants soil/root zone will cool down MUCH MUCH faster then a plant thats planted streight into the ground outdoors, so as the day heats up the soil and roots, in a pot at night there is far more surface area to the pot thats exposed to the cold air as compaired to one in thr ground which will retain more heat throughout the cold nights because there is less surface area being touched by cold. hope that makes sense to yah. its the only major factor i can think of that could be behind the stunted growth. that puny pourch light aint doin it, not enough energy being put out by it to cause the plants hormones to revert to their veg ratios, so thats out as the culprit, do what you can and let it go as long as you can without it being put at risk for mold and such. and you may be right lol overthinking happens to the best of us my friend. just remember "keep it simple" the complex and convaluded arnt always the best.
ooh also for a beginner i highly recommend you keep a written journal of what work you did, like training on what plant, how much you fed them nutes/gal and such... really helps get things dialed in and helps you improve from grow to grow and lets you have a previous grow to reference to when you try something different to see if your new techniques are improving or hurting your final results. just a thought to help you out in the future if/when you grow the same strains again

All the sites say 42-45 days. MOB was bred to flower quickly because of Maine's short summers. These were indeed harvested by others in mid-late September. I've already smoked some from this year....My clones are flying through flower so I'm inclined to believe that these are indeed a quicker flower. Still can't find a reason for the delay, but cold seems the likley candidate. If I didn't know this to be and early girl strain I never would have worried as much. I'll bet I have the only MOB still growing in the state lol. They are coming down soon either way. I'm interested to see how my clones finish in comparison to my outdoor girls. Thanks again Sunakard for all the help!

Edit:
Just burned the quick dried bud THG suggested I try and yeah, she could come down today and I'd be quite happy, besides yield of course. Nice and toasty!:fly:

the 42-45 is just a guess. from the parent type cross. You may have a pheno of MOB that is longer flowering.

Latest posts

Back