recommended wattage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growboy19

Reaction score
If i'm only gonna be growing 5 plants max at a time, what would be your recommended wattage? 250w enough? 400w? Do you prefer MH or HPS? Or both? MH for seedlings and HPS for flowering. Thanks for any opinions.

Get a 600w HPS light in there more light = more bud....

it depends on the strain,size of the plant,how much room you have,etc. a 400 watt will supply enough lumens for a 4 or 5 ft. x 4 or 5 ft section.i'd recommend a 400 watt over a a 250 watt anyday.theyre well worth the money.insidesun.com,hydrowholesale.com and htgsupply.com are all great websites if ordering online.i just got my two 600 watt hps growlight after only waiting 2 days from hydrowholesale.if you have the money,run a metal halide for veg,and a hps when its time to flip the lights to trigger flowering.if not..a hps can be used throughout the grow,they just might stretch while in veg so it important to know about supercropping. hope this helps ya out-peace

..a 400 watt HID is sufficient lighting for 'about' 9 sq ft.. or 3 feet X 3 Feet...@ 5,000 L/p/sq/ft

was kinda wondering if mine was adequate for my tent.its 3.5x3.5x6.7... seems to be doing okay.but i only have 3 plants after killing my boys off.

Latest posts

Back