regular seeds vs feminized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome stuff. Basically breeding you have to have large plant count yes?

I am not a breeder, not even a pollen chucker, but i had a clone only for years and decided she was losing steam, (that may or may not be true, just my thoughts) Anyway I crossed her with some pollen of a male and got a nice cross. They are f1's right? So I would need to keep a male from those seeds and re pollinate one of the f1's? What would I have then? ANd don't say a mess. lol

I am not a breeder, not even a pollen chucker, but i had a clone only for years and decided she was losing steam, (that may or may not be true, just my thoughts) Anyway I crossed her with some pollen of a male and got a nice cross. They are f1's right? So I would need to keep a male from those seeds and re pollinate one of the f1's? What would I have then? ANd don't say a mess. lol

well ahain it is only my understanding, that you don't yet have F1's rather those are F2 which are only 50% like the mother. to achieve F1 you need to take a male from the resulting seed and pollinate the mom, then get male from the result of that cross and cross mom again and again until you have done it 4-5x you will then have F1 with more than 90% similarity in genetic structure as the mom

Ok had another though about something.

Can I grow out a feminized plant and pollinate her? What's the results?

That would be an F2. Each cross would be another F#. IDK, you confused me. The seeds from the clone x nice male is F1. If by re pollinate the F1 you actually mean the clone and not another seed plant it would be clone x F1 and called F2. If two seedlings it would be F1 x F1 and also F2. You really need to note the crosses or it gets confusing in a hurry. The first would be noted as (clone) x F1(clone x nice male), the second (clone x nice male)F1 x (clone x nice male)F1 ~~~F2

I've seen orchid crosses that were like ((one type x another type) x (third type x fourth type)) X ((5 type x sixth type) x (2 more types, or any of the previous crosses)) 6 way or more crosses weren't all that unusual.

I think ZEM is a bit mistaken in that if 4 backcrosses make a F1, how do you keep track of the first 3? The 4 back crosses is approaching a stabile hybrid, but is not called an F1. The F1 is the first cross from 2 different parents (first filial cross).

I know I'd get terribly lost except that my female is the same clone when crossing with the male from each succeeding seed crop. I call her Tres, so it's Tres x F1, F2, F3, and so on. I did cross the F4 seedlings with each other and I'm going to have to figure out some nomenclature to sort all that out.

The Robert C. Clarke book "Marijuana Botany" has an excellent section on breeding. Is it still in the RESOURCES section? I couldn't check while I was typing. Great book in any event.

Wet

YESSSSSSS

Go to the Cultivation sub forum ....Then the Growing Resources sticky ...Then Breeding Guides ... and finally, Robert C. Clarke

Very helpful, but not dumbed down and may take more than one reading.

Wet

I have a question about an autoflower or should I look for another forum

If it is about growing MJ, ffeeding, flowering, harvesting, drying, curing, curing, smoking, etc. don't be afraid to ask. We will answer and quite often we will have pretty decent answers :)

We will answer and quite often we will have pretty decent answers :)

If not, we'll make something up that at least sounds decent.
:aok::rofl::rofl::bolt:

Sorry HP, that line was just sooo fat and right down the middle, I just couldn't resist.

Wet

lol, that is why I said it like that. I knew if I tossed out a softball, someone would take a whack at it :D

Latest posts

Back