Responces about the Vote for "Letter to the President" LEGALIZE MARIJUANA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IRISH said:
throwing different dates up can easily confuse the masses.

jan. 20th. 2010.

:cool:

That's exactly right, Irish. This entire thread is based on everyone who cares about it, sending their letters on
JANUARY 20TH, 2010.

Not the 19th, not the 21st, and not to anyone but The President of the United States of America.

If someone else wants to do something on another day, please do me and those who are for this effort a favor and start your own thread.

This thread is for January 20th, 2010.

Thank you.

This isn't a debate about what you think should be done. It's a thread about doing exactly as outlined on the day suggested. I appreciate any efforts to express your opinion to the people who make the laws, but this thread is to support only the January 20th, 2010 date of writing letters to the President of the United States of America.

If you have other opinions or ideas about how to do this, please post them in another thread. Leave this thread for those of us who are going to participate in this effort.

Again, thank you.

Stoney, chill out. that was my bad on putting up the wrong date and the last thing i want to do is confuse those easily confused.

the only reason i made that suggestion was b/c i believe in what you are doing and i am excited that there will be a flood of letters mailed on 1/20/10.

i just made a suggestion, i am not trying to derail anyone or steal your thunder.

Super Silver Haze said:
Stoney, chill out. that was my bad on putting up the wrong date and the last thing i want to do is confuse those easily confused.

the only reason i made that suggestion was b/c i believe in what you are doing and i am excited that there will be a flood of letters mailed on 1/20/10.

i just made a suggestion, i am not trying to derail anyone or steal your thunder.
I wasn't making an accusation of wrong doing or spanking you.

So far, about 10 people have suggested doing this a different way than I've asked.

I'm trying to keep it on track.

No chilling is necessary.

thanks, with people like me thats gotta be difficult. anyway, my letter will contribute to the gridlock that will take over the mail system and the Presidents desk.

we are trying to get laws changed here in fla so i will pass this info along.

Super Silver Haze said:
thanks, with people like me that's gotta be difficult. anyway, my letter will contribute to the gridlock that will take over the mail system and the Presidents desk.

we are trying to get laws changed here in fla so i will pass this info along.
I also live in Florida. I agree that the laws in our state need lots of work.

I'm hoping that this effort will make National News. It would be one more example to the populace of the country and the world that marijuana needs to be legalized. Not just for medical reasons, but for anyone who is old enough to buy booze. Regulate them both the same. That would be fair enough for me.

I'd still grow my own, but it would be nice to be able to go out to the store and buy something different.

I will also be joining,Ii think if we all come together as one they cant turn us away. one voice may be heard, while many voices makes a STRONG statement.

its nice to see people are still gonna do this. im still in. even if by the rarest chance i quit smoking weed by then, im still writing the letter.

I am wondering if, rather than asking for federal legalization, we simply ask the federal government to allow states to decide for themselves and remove federal regulation, thereby removing federal agencies from enforcement and federal funds for state enforcement.

This frees up federal capital and it puts pressure on the states by way of their budgetary constraints (no federal financing). Additionally, at local levels the arguments can be made to the states about savings in law enforcement, court, incarceration and probation department costs as well as income from taxes.

I think sometimes smaller steps are more productive in the long run.

I already have my letter in an envelope, was thinking about sending more than one myself on the DAY.

Shockeclipse said:
I already have my letter in an envelope, was thinking about sending more than one myself on the DAY.
Dude! Thanks for helping! If we spread the word and get a BUNCH of people to do it, it'll be awesome. I've started collecting the letters from friends and stocking them up. I've told each person that if they write it now, it'll get it done AND I'll put it in the mail for them on the right day!

They have to buy the stamp tho. I'm not rich.

I've found that a lot more people will do it this way.

Anyone who feels like offering to mail the letters might get a lot more people to follow through is they can write them right now and just give you the letter.

Let's put this thing in high gear!

Count me in Stoney, Im all for it ! I have a a few friends as well that are excited about your idea. I cant think of a better way than this to get their attention, and if numbers are significant,which Im sure they will be, all of our resolutions may very well come true ! Cheers !

When writting that letter to the President make sure to tell him that ALCOHOL has a BIGGER down side then Marijuana ever has....

I write as much as I can to our cali congressman and to the federal and to Obama... Each Month !;)

I have had to temporarily quit smoking because of my job, and I still fully intend to send a letter. I'll be smoking before January though. Like Stoney said, I have found that people are a lot more likely to write a letter if you offer to send it out on the correct date. Don't let your stoner friends procrastinate on this people, do not let them forget.

I have also found a surprising number of people who are interested in this idea for a purely economical reasons. People who do not smoke, but see the opportunity here. The potential this holds to help our national debt is outstanding. If you get a chance, look up how much pot is imported from Mexico, all of that money could be going straight back towards our national debt. Honestly, I don't care how much tax they impose on it, I will continue to grow my own.

A great idea, I think. I believe we do need to get the word out to the president to change the laws governing mj use. Great idea and a great thread. I really hope people follow through with this. To quote him, "It's time for change!" Take care and be safe.

Let's not forget that this needs to have a snowball effect. When relaying the information about the letter, include that each person needs to also try to get several other people to write letters.

By January 20th, 2010, we should try to get several million letters waiting to be sent on the same day.

The message would be broadcast nationwide within hours. As each step of the mail process was taken, the networks will follow it and report it for several days on the way to the White House.

If this thing rolls all the way out, it might get the idea a little more ahead.

"Spread the Thread"

Send a link to this thread to those who might care. They can all come in to read.

StoneyBud, another very respected member, and myself have discussed an idea, and we would like to pass it on to everyone else. I have a friend who is a shock jock on a local radio station. He is aware of this letter to the pres, and he has asked me if he should mention it on the air. I'm am going to ask him to mention it, but I am also going to ask him not to mention this site for several reasons. First, we don't want to attract a really random crowd that comes here for the wrong reasons. Secondly, we don't need to waste the server space on yahoo's who just come here to look and post nonsense.

You do not need to know a radio personality to participate in this idea. Just about every city has a few radio stations that are probably marijuana friendly. Your rap station, hard rock, classic rock, etc, they all probably have at least one DJ that would allow you to briefly mention this now, and again as the time approaches. I will also be calling into all my favorite XM and Sirius radio stations. I am sure of at least several DJ's that will be more than willing to let me mention it. I will not reference this site though, because of the reasons I mentioned above.

We are not trying to sell anything. Everyone here has the power to spread this message. Do not be afraid to call, the worst the radio can do is hang up on you...

saticus said:
im in. let's pray it works.
Thanks saticus. If you tell 10 more and they tell 10 each...

Tell each person that YOU will mail the letters for them if they want to give you the stamped letter now. That seems to work better for my friends. I ask some a month later and they say "No, I haven't yet, but I will". When I ask them to write it, stamp it and give it to me, I get it within a week from most.

People are funny about things sometimes.

And Stoney, I worked on mine this morning-all done.
And I will send on the 20th
:)
later.

Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back