Responces about the Vote for "Letter to the President" LEGALIZE MARIJUANA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, consider me in. Also, I work in a stoner environment, so I will mention this to all my co-workers and see what kind of response I get. A tad late to be jumping on the wagon, but the the hell not. Can't do any harm.

Count me, and hopefully some friends/employees/family IN

Also, if anyone still reads this.. I was thinking it would be good if the letters included some form of:

"Marijuana distributed by the govt. shall not be exposed to additives or preservatives." OR "every citizen of age is entitled to grow x amount of plants for personal consumption"

Because I can see the govt. Legalizing, then bastardizing mj by adding chemicals similar to the ones found in tobacco cigarettes.

mcdstvn said:
Also, if anyone still reads this.. I was thinking it would be good if the letters included some form of:

"Marijuana distributed by the govt. shall not be exposed to additives or preservatives." OR "every citizen of age is entitled to grow x amount of plants for personal consumption"

Because I can see the govt. Legalizing, then bastardizing mj by adding chemicals similar to the ones found in tobacco cigarettes.
Hey mcdstvn, the government didn't put crap into tobacco, greedy business did. The government won't be the one's distributing weed either. Again, businesses will. As with any business, if someone doesn't like what they sell, they don't buy it. I was a tobacco addict for more than 30 years. I knew I was hooked on it from the first year. Instead of quitting, I continued buying them for 30+ years. That isn't anyone's fault but mine.

Let's keep it simple. Let's keep it the way I outlined it. Let's not change anything. Let's just get it done on January 20th, 2010.

The people who receive these letters will NOT be reading them, with the exception of counting how many there are and if they are pro-marijuana or not. The goal with this effort is to make them see just how many of us there are. Each letter represents a voter.

This letter needs to remain simple. I've shown a sample at the start of this thread. Please just follow the example and we'll keep it simple.

No changing the rules now please.

StoneyBud said:
Hey mcdstvn, the government didn't put crap into tobacco, greedy business did. The government won't be the one's distributing weed either. Again, businesses will. As with any business, if someone doesn't like what they sell, they don't buy it. I was a tobacco addict for more than 30 years. I knew I was hooked on it from the first year. Instead of quitting, I continued buying them for 30+ years. That isn't anyone's fault but mine.

Let's keep it simple. Let's keep it the way I outlined it. Let's not change anything. Let's just get it done on January 20th, 2010.

The people who receive these letters will NOT be reading them, with the exception of counting how many there are and if they are pro-marijuana or not. The goal with this effort is to make them see just how many of us there are. Each letter represents a voter.

This letter needs to remain simple. I've shown a sample at the start of this thread. Please just follow the example and we'll keep it simple.

No changing the rules now please.

Very true, point taken. And by no means did I come in here to try to force anything I was just looking for some input, be disagree or agree. But I hadn't thought about what you said about them not really reading the letters. Forgot it's more of a quantity vs. quality issue where more is better.

long story short, my bad, I'm still in, and I got 3 people in today who totally agree.

mcdstvn said:
Very true, point taken. And by no means did I come in here to try to force anything I was just looking for some input, be disagree or agree. But I hadn't thought about what you said about them not really reading the letters. Forgot it's more of a quantity vs. quality issue where more is better.

long story short, my bad, I'm still in, and I got 3 people in today who totally agree.
Outstanding!!!! Try to get those 3 to each get some people....and on and on......

We still have time before the January 20th mailing date to get many, many more people!

Let's push it some...

have written...and am spreading the word..this is great..this kind of unity is needed all across the board..the only way anything will get done..at least i hope we still count..if not im defecting to france..or norway or something

alaska laws allow a person to grow up to four plants for their own personal use. i found this out when i went there lol. why cant the continental usa be like that?i wish it was!

lol i didnt either. but hopefully itll get passed here so its legal here

According to norml's site:

Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution’s right to privacy (See Ravin v. Alaska). Possession of 25 or more marijuana plants is “Misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree” and is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 or five years in prison.

I didn't know that either, I want to move now. :) 25 plants is insane. My wife isn't comfortable with me growing, and I see her point so I don't. But I'd much rather keep a few plants in the house and never have to deal with running out or trying to find some, plus growing is a blast, I loved everything about it the two times I tried it in the past. Oh well, from here all I can do is hope we can finally make a change. I sent this link to roughly 15 people, and hopefully they send the letter and tell a few of their friends as well.

adtr said:
alaska laws allow a person to grow up to four plants for their own personal use. i found this out when i went there lol. why cant the continental usa be like that?i wish it was!
I think I remember hearing that it had flip-flopped on that for a few years and has now gone back to allowing it. I don't remember where I heard that but I believe that's what I heard.

Potus and Stoney -

Can do, Should do, Shall do and Will do !

thoughts in action

thanks

I didn't forget, stoney. I was actually just looking for this thread when it popped up on my user cp. I have two others who want to send letters (non forumers). I'll see if they talked to anyone else.

everyone got your letters written yet?...

mine is written, dated, and postage paid. just waiting to drop her in the mail on Jan. 20th., 2010...

i should have a smorgasborg of cured around then... this is gonna be good. don't want to miss out y'all. get your letters written. don't wait til the last minute...

time to start rallying this on all sites. i'm taking it to a michigan site to rally the country boys, and girls over here...

i know theres alot of folks here that are regs at other sites, so why not help spread the word, if you already have'nt...

we can only do this unified, togeather. lets get the word out...

peace all...Irish...

I'm pretty happy this is still gonna happen. I just remembered about 5 mins ago that i havent been on here in ages. well, about 6 months. I had to see if this was still going to happen. I'm still on board and I am going to get people to write letters and hand them to me, so if they forget I dont. haha, just so I dont forget, I am going to thumbtack the letters to my wall so I see them everyday.

Here here for a bi-weekly :bump:

Figured I'd bring it back to the top in case anyone new to the site hasn't seen it. Do not forget, January is fast approaching, tell at least two friends, tell them to tell at least two friends, and so on. Offer to mail the letters for them if they write them now and give them to you with an envelope and a stamp. If you are fortunate enough to not find yourself in financially tight situation in these difficult economic times, offer to buy the stamp for them if they just give you a letter!

If we stay vigilant on this, and we all participate, someday we may be able to say we had a part (however small it may be) in the decriminalization or hopefully even legalization of marijuana. Prohibition does not work, let's end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back