RI House approves 3 stores for medical marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
The Rhode Island House of Representatives has approved a bill that would allow up to three "compassion centers" to dispense marijuana for medical purposes.

The measure, approved Wednesday on a 63-5 vote, would permit the nonprofit stores to sell marijuana to the roughly 680 patients enrolled in the state’s medical marijuana program.

The state Senate approved similar legislation last month.

Rhode Island enacted a law in 2006 allowing patients to possess small amounts of marijuana for pain relief, but lawmakers never legalized a method for selling the drug.

Twelve other states allow for the medicinal use of marijuana but only two — California and New Mexico — have created dispensaries.

hxxp://shuurl.com/R4918

Twelve other states allow for the medicinal use of marijuana but only two — California and New Mexico — have created dispensaries.

Hmmmm.....I'm not sure what hey call 'em in co, but they are certainly selling mmj "in store fronts" here.

Rhode Island is a cool little state. I was born and raised in Woonsocket, it's on the Mass. state line. I lived there 'till I was 20 and never had any problems with law enforcement when it came to MJ. Even then (this was 30 years ago) if the cops caught you with MJ they wouldn't arrest you, they would make you dump it on the ground and grind it in with your own foot.
Rhode Island is notorious for live and let live attitude. What would you expect from a state that was founded by pirates, It was originaly called "Rogues Island".
For anyone who may not know this legislation was advanced with the active and undying work of the states nursing community. I have many nurses in my family and they have been working hard on this for years. Working for medical legalization has brought many of the nurses to the recreational legalization camp. This is a great start because R.I., being one of the most liberal states in the country, is a great toehold to the rest of New England.

well thank god for nurses
a 50% increase in number of states with dispenseries isnt bad. I dont want to argue this statement but i feel like all these little steps are whats going to eventually legalize cannabis in the end

whoLeBaked said:
well thank god for nurses
a 50% increase in number of states with dispenseries isnt bad. I dont want to argue this statement but i feel like all these little steps are whats going to eventually legalize cannabis in the end

Every step forward is a step we can all live with.:)

Latest posts

Back