Robert Buelteman's electrified pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
found these and thought i would share, kinda cool. enjoy and dont forget , change xx to tt hxxp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1199836/The-amazing-plant-photographs-years-making-filled-electricity.html[/URL]

This is what pot looks like with 80,000 volts running through it while it is suspended in silicone. Those are actual coronas of light eminating from the plant tips.

So I messed up and tried to post this in the BPOTM but moved it over here because it is not my pic, I just wanted to share it because it is really interesting. I found out about this artist Robert Buelteman on the web, if you do a search you can find more of his work, his process to creating these images is amazing. This is taken from an article about him...

"Robert Buelteman is not your average photographer. He’s not out there taking pictures of lawn chairs and chain link fences, or endearingly fat babies in buckets. He is turning nature into a vision of electricity so difficult and dangerous that nobody else will even attempt it.
Here is a thorough breakdown of Buelteman’s process:
  1. Buelteman begins by painstakingly whittling down flowers, leaves, sprigs, and twigs with a scalpel until they’re translucent.
  2. He then lays each specimen on color transparency film and, for a more detailed effect, covers it with a diffusion screen.
  3. This assemblage is placed on his “easel” — a piece of sheet metal sandwiched between Plexiglas, floating in liquid silicone.
  4. Buelteman hits everything with an electric pulse and the electrons do a dance as they leap from the sheet metal, through the silicone and the plant (and hopefully not through him), while heading back out the jumper cables.
  5. In that moment, the gas surrounding the subject is ionized, leaving behind ethereal coronas.
  6. He then hand-paints the result with white light shining through an optical fiber the width of a human hair, a process so tricky each image can take up to 150 attempts."
Pretty cool stuff....and very cool pics he produces.

electrified cannabis painting.JPG

now thats flippin cool man. thanks for sharin. just checked out a gakllery by him an amazing i must say. dudes got talent or smarts or both imo
wish i understood better how in the hek he did it lol

i wondr if the whole sendin 80,ooo volts thru it increases THC production :hubba: lol

thanks, it is really amazing. The other article I read on him said he has been perfecting this technique for around 10 years, and he has produced about 80 images so far working about 60 hours a week... now THAT is dedication to your art.
Here are some more of his pics if you are interested, you know the deal, replace XX with tt...

hXXp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1199836/The-amazing-plant-photographs-years-making-filled-electricity.html

...the one of the roses is really cool.

The other article I read on him said he has been perfecting this technique for around 10 years, and he has produced about 80 images so far working about 60 hours a week... now THAT is dedication to your art.
holy, no doubt!! that requires more patince than waitin for ya bud to cure properly before smokin it LOL.
an i thought that was agonizing lol
thanks for the link. i'll go chek it out.

Latest posts

Back