Romney confronted with medical marijuana issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HGB

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was confronted head-on Saturday over the issue of medical marijuana.

Following a campaign appearance in Dover, New Hampshire, a member of the audience, Clayton Holton, told Romney he has muscular dystrophy and said five of his doctors say he is "living proof medical marijuana works."

"I am completely against legalizing it for everyone, but there is medical purposes for it," Holton told Romney.

Romney pointed out that there is synthetic marijuana as well as other pain medications available.

"It makes me sick. I have tried it, and it makes me throw up," Holton said. "My question for you is will you arrest me or my doctors if I get medical marijuana."

"I am not in favor of medical marijuana being legal in the country," Romney said as he moved on to greet other people.

Holton continued, "Excuse me, will you please answer my question?"

"I think I have. I am not in favor of legalizing medical marijuana," the Massachusetts Republican said.

Other Republican presidential hopefuls have also recently been confronted by patients on the issue.

The New York Times reported a patient in New Hampshire accused former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani of saying he would have “federal agents arrest the sick and the dying.”

"I never said that," Giuliani said.

Meanwhile, The Associated Press reported late last month Arizona Sen. John McCain told a patient, "Every town hall meeting I have, someone shows up and advocates for medical marijuana, and, by the way, in all due respect, alleges that we are arresting the dead and the dying, and I still have not seen any evidence of that."
===================================

full screen video can be seen HERE

That's why Romney sux he never wants to hear anything about the sick all he cares about is him self Thanks for sharing this news with us HGB

Well his name Isn't Mick the **** for nothing!! That whole Marinol crap is just so the Pharms can get rich off of a natural plant. These people are fools and at our expense. They got their power from the wealth they inherited at birth. For what is a king but a man born in the right family!!! Heartless maggots with no souls, in the end God will judge them!! The Mexican Drug Cartel are popping up everywhere in the states with grow ops. Oregon law officials said that farm busts are on an increase from 2006. It's:**: this is our country too!! Why don't those pigs go live in Iraq and swim in their ecologically worthless pool. They should keep their worthless views to their selves. Damn them!!! :rant: Oh by the way ever heard of a Vaporizer, It's a safe alternative to smoked Marijuana..

What really bothers me about all of this is that even if medical marijuana is legalized, at some point, it can just as easily be made illegal again by another of our elected officials later on who doesn't like it...that's the frustrating part of all of this.

What is it exactly that our elected officials are so afraid of....?? Maybe it is the idea of coming out publicly in favor of an illegal substance? Not many politicians would be willing to risk their careers to stand up for MJ.

Or maybe some of them are very discreetly getting a piece of some of the action...making a very nice profit on the illegal sale of MJ and they don't want that to end??? :holysheep: :shocked:

It's very unlikely that our government would enact another alcohol 'prohibition'. :eek: It would never fly ...there is too much at stake, too many corporations that would go out of business, people would lose their jobs...well, maybe it is that way with MJ, but on the illegal side, there is soo much money going into the pockets of a few high ranking officials with illegal sales, and too many growers would lose money, etc. :confused2: So more profitable for some to keep it illegal. And if you are a user who get's caught...oh well...:(

These are just some rambling thoughts that came to mind when I read this post...

Questions...questions...questions....:cool:

These folks are bought off by the big pharmaceutical & chemical companies.

They don't give a rat's butt about the people that need their natural meds to live a somewhat normal life.

They get more money by pumping nasty chemicals into people so they can make more chemicals to relieve the side effects that the original meds caused.

What kind of world do we live in when people are persecuted and prosecuted over a friggin' plant?

It's been here LONG BEFORE MANKIND & it will be here long after we're gone.

You must be another Farker LOL. I just posted a thread on this over at 420 LOL. It is far from a laughing matter though. I will never vote again for an anti MJ president.

No mention of Pres Canidates..only opens that can o worms. I'll let you edit it ;)

Reactions: SFC

Latest posts

Back