Ron Paul Introduces New Marijuana Legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Today, Texas Congressman Ron Paul introduced the “Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act”, H.R. 5842. This bill would bar the Federal Government and DEA from intervening in doctor/patient relationships that violate no state law.

As a physician, the Congressman believes that doctors and patients should make health care decisions, not politicians or federal agents. He cites a study by Scientists at the University of California at Davis that says cannabis demonstrates significant relief of neuropathic pain. He also explained the suffering of Mr. Forss, a patient who had spent $18,000 in one year trying to find a medicine that would cure his pain from a ruptured disc in his neck. Can you guess the only thing that worked for him? Hint: it’s green.

“The bottom line is that K.K. Forss should be treated as a free American. Mr. Forss is one of many who would like to use marijuana medicinally because it helps him. Politicians and bureaucrats have no right to interfere”

hxxp://tinyurl.com/4hszcy

True true. I wish they would let doctors and patients make the determination. That would help many people. Thanks Fruity Bud. Take care and be safe.

i think this was introduced along with the national decriminalisation bill HR 5843. hopefully they both will get a fair chance in debate. hell i hope they get to that point period.

if they would let him put his word out on tv, and the internet he would probolly allready be president. more peaple should have voted for him

lol finally 30 odds years after being oppressed were getting micromovements its a start though keep up the good news!!

BUDDAH said:
Ron Paul Is The Man!

Yeah.. Im pretty upset that people did not realize that his message was the real way to go. Just think, another 8 years of inflation and horrible leadership before we can try again to end the waste of our tax paying dollars to programs and wars that make no sense anymore.

ugmjfarmer said:
Yeah.. Im pretty upset that people did not realize that his message was the real way to go. Just think, another 8 years of inflation and horrible leadership before we can try again to end the waste of our tax paying dollars to programs and wars that make no sense anymore.

His voting record is perfect, hes been married to the same woman for 50 years. He's deliverd over 4000 babies. He's bullet proof. Americans don't like that though. They need a good meaningless scandal. Like if a pretty blonde girl goes missing. They're all over that. Obama knows a guy that doesnt like america? Lets do nine hours of that... Democrat vs republican is just a charade they use to blind people. Both parties want to screw us, and get more power for themselves. The only difference is which hole they want to stick it in.

Awesome post!! if only ron paul had the money to run a huge campaign like obama or hilary.. it would make a lot more people want to vote...

He actually made more in the 3rd quarter of last year than ANY other candidate, rep or dem. Hillary is up to her eyeballs in debt. I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but check youtube for "Boston Tea Party" (dec 16th)

On that day, Ron Paul broke the single day fund raising record for any candidate in US history. There were people in 30 countries throwing tea into harbors for Ron Paul. He has meetup groups in 30 countries. People from all over the world dedicated time to Phone Bank for Ron Paul.

He raised over 6.2 million bucks on dec 16th, and it was 100% independent donors. Around 46,000 of them I believe. Why didn't he get more coverage? Well, heres a fun fact. around 75% of english speaking media is owned by THREE people. The news networks cant find anything on ron paul, so they just started calling him a nutjob. The election process in this country is really depressing. There were more votes for American Idol than for the presidential election of last year. I can't stand conspiracy theorists, but I do understand human nature. Any government will always try to get more power. The only thing that can stop them is the people. The people here really don't care. The news networks tell us who can win and who can't.

Most people don't understand what Ron Paul stands for. To sum it up, he loves states rights. Cali wants to legalize weed? Go right ahead. (He would actually dismantle the dea and save the taxpayers money)

North Carolina wants to ban abortion? Fine, he would overturn roe v wade. (it should be noted that most politicians that want to overturn roe v wade, want to replace it with the opposite. Ron Paul doesn't want to do that, he wants the states to decide, and I am totally fine with that. I am a prochoice person, for what its worth. But I shouldn't be able to tell people in Kentucky what to do about it. Why? Cause I don't have all the answers.

Personally, I believe the election is a reality tv show now. No candidate really says anything of substance, and when they do, the media jumps all over them like rabid dogs. The "Barack Obama" flagpin is still an issue on the news. In fact, I hear more about that, than I do about Iraq.

So is this it? Is this what weve come to? Chastising a man about his lapel jewelry? I like Obama, and I will probably vote for him, but before that, I'm going to join many other ron paul supporters, and we are going to cause hell at the convention this year.

"Every so often, the tree of liberty must be fertalized with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike." - Thomas Jefferson

Fadeux said:
He actually made more in the 3rd quarter of last year than ANY other candidate, rep or dem. Hillary is up to her eyeballs in debt. I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but check youtube for "Boston Tea Party" (dec 16th)

On that day, Ron Paul broke the single day fund raising record for any candidate in US history. There were people in 30 countries throwing tea into harbors for Ron Paul. He has meetup groups in 30 countries. People from all over the world dedicated time to Phone Bank for Ron Paul.

He raised over 6.2 million bucks on dec 16th, and it was 100% independent donors. Around 46,000 of them I believe. Why didn't he get more coverage? Well, heres a fun fact. around 75% of english speaking media is owned by THREE people. The news networks cant find anything on ron paul, so they just started calling him a nutjob. The election process in this country is really depressing. There were more votes for American Idol than for the presidential election of last year. I can't stand conspiracy theorists, but I do understand human nature. Any government will always try to get more power. The only thing that can stop them is the people. The people here really don't care. The news networks tell us who can win and who can't.

Most people don't understand what Ron Paul stands for. To sum it up, he loves states rights. Cali wants to legalize weed? Go right ahead. (He would actually dismantle the dea and save the taxpayers money)

North Carolina wants to ban abortion? Fine, he would overturn roe v wade. (it should be noted that most politicians that want to overturn roe v wade, want to replace it with the opposite. Ron Paul doesn't want to do that, he wants the states to decide, and I am totally fine with that. I am a prochoice person, for what its worth. But I shouldn't be able to tell people in Kentucky what to do about it. Why? Cause I don't have all the answers.

Personally, I believe the election is a reality tv show now. No candidate really says anything of substance, and when they do, the media jumps all over them like rabid dogs. The "Barack Obama" flagpin is still an issue on the news. In fact, I hear more about that, than I do about Iraq.

So is this it? Is this what weve come to? Chastising a man about his lapel jewelry? I like Obama, and I will probably vote for him, but before that, I'm going to join many other ron paul supporters, and we are going to cause hell at the convention this year.

"Every so often, the tree of liberty must be fertalized with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike." - Thomas Jefferson

i myself do understand. yes it is true about him getting more people to fund him than any other candidate. the reason the other candidates get more votes is well because he is a true American. When i mean true American i mean true American. also he is a little out of the box if u get my drift. which in no means is bad. hes bout freedom and so and me. that's why when the presidential elections comes up I'm voting him for a 2nd time if i can (not sure if they let u do write in's). Mr Paul is the future to come. please tell your children about this guy to get a sense of a TRUE SENATOR. i think he even hasn't given himself a raise to himself, unlike the other senators. i could be wrong.

LowRider said:
i myself do understand. yes it is true about him getting more people to fund him than any other candidate. the reason the other candidates get more votes is well because he is a true American. When i mean true American i mean true American. also he is a little out of the box if u get my drift. which in no means is bad. hes bout freedom and so and me. that's why when the presidential elections comes up I'm voting him for a 2nd time if i can (not sure if they let u do write in's). Mr Paul is the future to come. please tell your children about this guy to get a sense of a TRUE SENATOR. i think he even hasn't given himself a raise to himself, unlike the other senators. i could be wrong.

Sorry, I really hate to do this to people who agree with me, but Dr. Paul is a congressman, not a senator...

And that is 100% True, he has NEVER voted for a pay raise for congress or senate. He also returns a portion of his yearly budget to the treasury. He flies Southwest airlines, and stays at Super 8 motels. Find me another federal politician that can say the same...

Latest posts

Back