Ron Paul vs. Steven Baldwin on Larry King

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojavemama

Vapor Vixen
Reaction score
March 13, 2009 7:30PM

Dear NORML Supporters,

I apologize for the last minute notice, but I received a very late Friday
afternoon call from one of Larry King‚s producers in Los Angeles seeking
some cannabis-related factoids and related information for an apparent
debate tonight on CNN‚s Larry King between libertarian Congressman and
former presidential candidate Ron Paul, M.D. and, well, actor Steven
Baldwin.

Ouch!

This ought to be good. Fire up the Tivos and other goodies for this one!

Cannabem liberemus,

Allen St. Pierre
Executive Director
NORML
Washington, D.C.
[email protected]

I saw this I will never watch his movies again. DUI resulting in a accident for smoking is crazy! Yes it does make you daze off but half the time I daze off i'm going 20 miles under the speed limit when I come too. It would result in a fender bender. To say the number would go up is ludacris. People smoke and drive everyday.

Cajun, isn't it amazing how the Baldwin brothers are all so different? I can only imagine what the gatherings are like on Christmas, with Alec and Steven at each others throats arguing politics and pot! Last movie I saw Steven in was "7 Seconds" (and he was very good in that, I thought) and I'm with you about bypassing his movies now. Steven is definitely NOT a pot smokers friend!

People driving under the influence has nothing to do with marijuana legalization. People who drive stoned are no better or worse than people who drive drunk. Semantics aside, people who do irresponsible things (put innocent people in harms way) would do them without regard to marijuanas leagal standing. A person using marijuana in thier home or some other controled setting should not be threatened with leagal prosecution just because someone who acts irresponsibly uses the same substance. If this is the standard we're gonna live by, then fine, end the hippocrasy and re-enstate alchahol prohibition.
The reason people like Steven Baldwin oppose any decriminalization is because they see people who smoke as open to at least listen before judgement. And people who are willing to at least considder others points of view are more difficult to control. Conflicting view points cause little wisps of smoke to come out of thier ears.......I'm just saying.

mojavemama said:
Cajun, isn't it amazing how the Baldwin brothers are all so different? I can only imagine what the gatherings are like on Christmas, with Alec and Steven at each others throats arguing politics and pot! Last movie I saw Steven in was "7 Seconds" (and he was very good in that, I thought) and I'm with you about bypassing his movies now. Steven is definitely NOT a pot smokers friend!

He was a good actor and I did like his films as well. Until I heard this a few back. We can't support actors using there star power to persuade sheep to follow. LOL i'm sure there gatherings are memorable. Nobody can even squeeze a fart out. Steven would call that global warming and put a TV ad out.

cubby said:
People driving under the influence has nothing to do with marijuana legalization.
Were talking about Stevens rebuttal to Ron Paul. He kept on about DUI related accidents because of marijuana legalization.

cubby said:
The reason people like Steven Baldwin oppose any decriminalization is because they see people who smoke as open to at least listen before judgement. And people who are willing to at least considder others points of view are more difficult to control. Conflicting view points cause little wisps of smoke to come out of thier ears.......I'm just saying.
The sheep and the wolves

A counter argument to the lack of a roadside test for mj intoxication is that I read somewhere that either the California State Supreme Court or the State Court of Appeals ruled that breathalyzers were unreliable and therefore in admissible in court.

The other counter argument is that they still have the old standard roadside sobriety test that we have used for years and years before the breathalyzers were developed. In fact many officers say that the dash camera videos are more effective in court than any breathalyzer because watching yourself falling down, being stupid and unable to talk intelligently is almost impossible to over come whereas you can always challenge something about the way the breathalyzer was administered or the reliability of it.

As to the comment about "DUI resulting in a accident for smoking is crazy! I don't care who's toes I step on --that is flat out crazy and irresponsible! I wonder how your story would change if some one driving stoned caused an accident that killed or maimed you or your loved one! And for your information, regardless of why you are driving 20 mph below the traffic flow makes you a very serious traffic hazard. Just ask any NASCAR driver, and I'll guarantee you that they know a HL of a lot more about safety and hazards in traffic than you will ever know, what he most hazardous thing they face on the track is and they'll tell you it is passing a significantly slower car!

As a professional truck driver for over 35 years, i can assure all of you that any slow moving vehicle causes needless risks in passing and even just changing lanes to avoid them. The wider the separation between the speed of traffic and the speed of the slower vehicle, the greater the hazard becomes! In every state that has repeals the split speed limit that mandates trucks traveling slower than automobiles, the number of overtaking accidents involving truck has dropped very much!

I'm getting side tracked -- yes Steven Baldwin is an idiot for saying the irresponsible driving under the influence of MJ is any reason why it should NOT be legalized! Alcohol is legal but driving drunk is not legal. Nor should driving stoned be legal.

In fact Washington State's medical marijuana law specifically states that a medical recommendation is NO defense for committing any prohibited act while under the influence, such as driving stoned.

Just because people say idiotic things does not necessarily make them idiots, but you have to wonder where the crap comes from.

I just hope that my family is not on the road with a stoned driver, a high driver, a drunk driver or even a fatigued driver because impaired driving is impaired driving regardless of the reason the driver is impaired. All of them do cause death and dismemberment every day on our highways. In fact probably the most common and serious problem with impaired drivers is actually driving while fatigued because so many people do it so frequently without even realizing it. In fact several states have replaced their driving under the influence laws with driving while impaired laws that include nearly any form of impairment you can think of.

Good smoking

DonJones said:
As to the comment about "DUI resulting in a accident for smoking is crazy! I don't care who's toes I step on --that is flat out crazy and irresponsible! I wonder how your story would change if some one driving stoned caused an accident that killed or maimed you or your loved one! And for your information, regardless of why you are driving 20 mph below the traffic flow makes you a very serious traffic hazard. Just ask any NASCAR driver, and I'll guarantee you that they know a HL of a lot more about safety and hazards in traffic than you will ever know, what he most hazardous thing they face on the track is and they'll tell you it is passing a significantly slower car!
Ok Mr. Detail. Should of worded it better for you. "DUI resulting in a "fatal" accident for smoking is crazy!

How do you know I'm not a professional driver? I mean I don't race for NASCAR but how would you know that? Trust me when I say my driving stoned is a lot better then sober! Pedal to the metal!
That driving stoned doesn't help out road rage. Road rage is a driving hazard as well. I know when I get road rage I do full of stupid lane changes etc.

Truck drivers are the most dangerous obstacle on the highways today besides drunk driving. Higher then driving and phone usage. Always in a hurry to drop off there load to get home. Fatigue driving! Blow outs! My wife's father is a trucker and has always been. Also watches NASCAR all day long and he doesn't know his a-hole from a hole in the ground!

I remember when I could buy a Bloody Mary out of the drive up window at the bar,... on my way to work!... :eek:

Hick said:
I remember when I could buy a Bloody Mary out of the drive up window at the bar,... on my way to work!... :eek:

We have those all over in Louisiana:hubba: Basically every bar.

You do not drive better stoned than sober. The only reason you could believe that is because your too stoned to know better.

cubby said:
You do not drive better stoned than sober. The only reason you could believe that is because your too stoned to know better.
I've been sober for 2 months now and I believe it. I'm testy and argumentative. When i'm stoned i'm calm, in no hurry, and relaxed.

What if that is my medical use? For my ADHD. Then it would help.

I can drive stoned BETTER than the idiots texting and talking on their phone. When I am stoned I pay better attention to what is going on around me.

AcesUp said:
I can drive stoned BETTER than the idiots texting and talking on their phone. When I am stoned I pay better attention to what is going on around me.

:yeahthat:

While I do not advocate driving under the influence of any drug, I agree that those texting and talking on cell phones pose at least equal risk when driving.

y would watch a movie like half baked anyways, it screams anti MJ at all points of the movie anyways. i am sorry i am not some lazy stoner that the movie shows evey person that smokes weed is. i am a Chef/GM of a very good restaurant, i wake everyday at 6am i am at work by 8 and i am there till 9pm sometimes even later. Steven Baldwin has all ways made me sick, an he is one if not the worst actor ever.

IRISH said:
ahhh, drive thru daquiris Cajun...;) ...

O Yeah! They serve more then just that though. You can even get a beer daiquiri hut daiquiri supreme main street daiquiri something in every town.

hXXp://www.topendsports.com/testing/reactiontest.htm
reaction time test...;)

my self , I really don't like to drive stoned . normally if I get stoned i know that my day is done and i'm not going to be leaving the house for at least 2 hours I would rather kick back and watch a movie then go for a drive who wants to fight traffic when your stoned or sober?

Latest posts

Back