second led grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aktrue

Alaska prime growing
Reaction score
hello this is my first time using actual nutes but here is pictures of my previous grow with the same setup

01-20130530_152637.jpg

03-20130604_065104.jpg

02-20130604_064435.jpg

04-20130604_065115.jpg

06-20130606_114218.jpg

07-20130606_114228.jpg

10-20130606_114303.jpg

18-20130709_221250.jpg

16-20130621_151528.jpg

19-20130709_221259.jpg

25-20130801_134916.jpg

now here is my current grow hope you guys like it let me know what you think of what i can do

3-20130824_094227.jpg

6-2013081grow 2.jpg

5-20130816grow setup.jpg

NICE !!! how muchbud did you get of your fisrt harvest? is that a 90 w ufo? looks just like mine. Ill follow your grow ifyou dontmind

go for it on the first grow i used a chem-fert called VF-11 i picke it up at our local fredmeyers it was 10$ i got roughly a 3/4 of a ounce off that plant,
i think it was pretty damn good lol but now im using the GHflora series so i expect to see greater results

yes its a 90w led ufo and its fantastic

on the first one i didnt lollipop or top or f.i.m
i let it grow naturally for a base line to work with so now that i know what i can get i can work my nutes to a optimum solution for my growing enviroment

Aktrue said:
go for it on the first grow i used a chem-fert called VF-11 i picke it up at our local fredmeyers it was 10$ i got roughly a 3/4 of a ounce off that plant,
i think it was pretty damn good lol but now im using the GHflora series so i expect to see greater results

yes its a 90w led ufo and its fantastic

on the first one i didnt lollipop or top or f.i.m
i let it grow naturally for a base line to work with so now that i know what i can get i can work my nutes to a optimum solution for my growing enviroment

wow 90w? thats what ill be using how much weight you getting?:icon_smile: :eek:

nerver mind I just read 3/4 of an oz. not too bad for your first time...cant wait tosee itthistime with GH nutes

judging by those pics it looks like they could have flowered longer. Either that or the 90w just wasnt enough for full flowering. I'm 2 weeks into a 300w LED and I'm hoping it compares to a 400w HPS. But looking forward to see how yours grows>

chazmaine420 said:
judging by those pics it looks like they could have flowered longer. Either that or the 90w just wasnt enough for full flowering. I'm 2 weeks into a 300w LED and I'm hoping it compares to a 400w HPS. But looking forward to see how yours grows>

i fully agree they could have been in flowering for a little while longer, i havested when i looked aat the trichomes(sp?) they were about 85% cloudy i think i harvested a little early but even early she was far better then any thing i have had locally

also i have the ufo 90w (630NM) red which is better in compareing to the 400w hps. i chalk my yeilds to not lollipopping or topping and bottom shelf grade nutes

the two i have now i can already tell that they are going to surpass the first one as just in 24hrs the two new nodes coming threw have tripled in size of growth... im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome! Im also using the 630nm Red 1 watt LED. it looks so bright. I'm sure I can get close to 2 ozs. are grows are gonna be side by side.

Aktrue said:

also i have the ufo 90w (630NM) red which is better in compareing to the 400w hps. i chalk my yeilds to not lollipopping or topping and bottom shelf grade nutes

the two i have now i can already tell that they are going to surpass the first one as just in 24hrs the two new nodes coming threw have tripled in size of growth... im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that s what im talking about:cool:

Aktrue said:

I realize that the sales advertising says that a 90W UFO will do as well as a 400W HPS, but that is simply not the truth. A 90W LED will never produce as much as a 400W HPS, even if you do all the super training in the world and feed the best nutes in the world.

A 90W LED is a 90W LED. I think that the outrageous sales hype (lies) put out by those selling LEDs has done a lot to tarnish LEDs. There is nothing wrong with a yield of 3/4 oz from a first grow and a 90W fixture. As you get more grows under your belt, you will most certainly get some better yields, However, do not be disappointed if you never achieve the yields of a 400W HPS, because that is not going to happen. Just be the best grower you can be.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I realize that the sales advertising says that a 90W UFO will do as well as a 400W HPS, but that is simply not the truth. A 90W LED will never produce as much as a 400W HPS, even if you do all the super training in the world and feed the best nutes in the world.

A 90W LED is a 90W LED. I think that the outrageous sales hype (lies) put out by those selling LEDs has done a lot to tarnish LEDs. There is nothing wrong with a yield of 3/4 oz from a first grow and a 90W fixture. As you get more grows under your belt, you will most certainly get some better yields, However, do not be disappointed if you never achieve the yields of a 400W HPS, because that is not going to happen. Just be the best grower you can be.

i've seen countless video, data on the numbers, yeilds as well as timplase video
other grows in person.
just my personal opinon but i cant tell my self my eyes and brain are lying to me.

ive done my research on lighting and yes i would love to run 1000w hps but my circumstances dont allow that i can get the same results if not better with the leds ive used these leds on tomatos, bell peppers and jalapenos.

the reason i said 630nm red, is because out of all the led fixtures (and this is where you might see the non comparison) the 660nm 680nm and the 630nm red leds. the 630nm red is the best wave for the plants the 660nm is tied/just below the 400whps and the 680nm red is below

Aktrue said:
the reason i said 630nm red, is because out of all the led fixtures (and this is where you might see the non comparison) the 660nm 680nm and the 630nm red leds. the 630nm red is the best wave for the plants the 660nm is tied/just below the 400whps and the 680nm red is below
:yeahthat:

that s why i got me a 630 red.

I have seen more experience growers ditch the LED's just because they could not produce as advertized. I have only seen 1 grower even have anything that might be considered a successful grow with using LEDS.

To put it into perspective. With my first indoor grow using a 400 watt mH bulb, I harvested just under 1/4 lb dried bud from just one plant.

But hey if you are happy with the results that is all that matters. Good luck with your grow

dude aktrue you gotta see this journal 90 w LED gets a 1/4 lb. check it out everyone is very impressed lol.
o sorry if I ask question you've already gave answer too. I just scroll to the pics. I get bored reading useless comments from other users
here is the link
just reaplace the hxxp to http
hxxp://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/378954-spectra-unit-90watt-led-grow-almost-donewhe-got-buds.html

smoking on the fire this weed s gotme so blown. Im smoking on some buds I just dried smokes ok Im ready for my next run lets do this AK

ok so heres an update,
i dont know how well the pictures will turn out but its worth a shot....

now my white widow has had some amazing new growth and is flurishing
in just three days has produced 2 new nodes

while the pineapple is at a turtles pace.....
does she need more nutrients?..
i did make her solution 1/2 strength.

DSCN4299.JPG

DSCN4290.JPG

Im a soil grower but have dibbled in DWC...how far do you have the water from the roots?...and when you plant in the bucket do you pour a cup PH water over her every day?...IMO if the roots are not in the water yet keep adding a cup every day untill they are....this will also help get that Pinnaple going...:aok:...Mojo for the grow

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
Im a soil grower but have dibbled in DWC...how far do you have the water from the roots?...and when you plant in the bucket do you pour a cup PH water over her every day?...IMO if the roots are not in the water yet keep adding a cup every day untill they are....this will also help get that Pinnaple going...:aok:...Mojo for the grow

:48:

i have marked the buckets a half inch up the bottom of the net pot this gives me a buffer zone for the pumped water to go over the roots and not drowning them , as well as allowing them to breath, as far as the phd water it has the bucket full of phd water so i dont need to pour water through

Latest posts

Back