Seeds in Fox Farms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGCOUGH

CHRONIC COUGH
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has ever grown in FFOF from seed. Got seeds germinating. And I heard its best to drop inLight Warrior/FFOF mix,but wanted to see if anyone has dropped seeds in only Fox Farms and had success.

Hello,

FFOF is some great soil but many growers have had problems using FFOF with seedlings on some strains. It really depends on how well you know your strain and not too many of us know too much about our strain if the seed is yet to be germinated. This 'Is FFOF safe for seedlings?' question is a post I see at least once a month on all the mj forums I visit and you hear all the usual "I've never had any problems..." but plenty chime in about having nute burn so without a doubt FFOF is on the 'hot' side for seedlings.

Here's what I get if I Google "FFOF too hot seedlings marijuana"

hXXp://www.google.com/search?q=FFOF+too+hot+seedlings+marijuana&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a[/url]

If you get some Light Warrior and mix it 50/50 with FFOF you'll end up with a great substrate for seedlings and it will give an added mychorrizae boost as well as ample nutes to carry the developing plant through vegging. I've had nute burn on many strains in the 7-8 years I've been using FFOF. I've also done some A/B comparisons with seedlings using (A) FFOF or (B) 50/50 LW/FFOF mix. IME, even seeds from strains that don't show any burn in the FFOF grow a little better and have more dense root structure in the 50/50 mix. With indica seedlings a 60/40 or 70/30 FFOF/LW mix seems to be closer to ideal.

Happy Growing!:cool:

I have always used FFOF soil for my seedlings. For some of them it works well, but for others it seems a bit too hot. I'm going to go with Light Warrior next time I start some new seedlings.

TYTY for answers. Very helpful guys. BTW reason I posted cuz nearest place that sells light warrior is 3hours from my house hehe

OGCOUGH said:
TYTY for answers. Very helpful guys. BTW reason I posted cuz nearest place that sells light warrior is 3hours from my house hehe

Gotcha...

Even if you get some slight burn it won't do any major damage by starting them in FFOF... but your local garden store may have some type of weaker soil that you could use for the first few weeks of growth and Xplant it into the FFOF after they have a few sets of real leaves. Or you can get something with mostly perlite and peat moss with NO nutes/time release B S etc... and mix it with your FFOF to cut the strength... OR you could mix it maybe 60/40 with regular perlite and it will spread out the soil and lower the concentration of organic nutes in your container... OR LW isn't that heavy compared to FFOF and shipping one bag shouldt break the bank...

Peace!:cool:

i've been using Light Warrior consistently for over 5 years.... i do everything from start clones/seedlings, veg, and flower.... using it by itself does have the benefit/drawback of having to rely on feeding more from the bottle instead of enriched soil....

fleshstain said:
i've been using Light Warrior consistently for over 5 years.... i do everything from start clones/seedlings, veg, and flower.... using it by itself does have the benefit/drawback of having to rely on feeding more from the bottle instead of enriched soil....

Hi bud,

LOVE your input on MP... you're a very welcomed addition to the forum! I'm curious... do you tend to feed it nutes every time? and does it dry out and/or need to be fed more frequent being an agroponic medium? I've used it for my babies for years with great success but my pref is to heavily amend the soil with organics for the bloom cycle but I'm curious how your approach your feeds... Even though I don't use nutes from the bottle for much at all anymore I have enuf around here to play with and I love trying new things... I just picked up Roots Organics HPK (liquid bat guano + K-Mag) to use when my soil gets tired the last few weeks of bloom... I wouldn't mind running it with PureBlendPro or BioBiz in LW for shanizzle n giggles... Have a good one!

they dont ship out theres this crappy hydro shop near me where i got OceanForest but they dont sell light warrior only Happy Frog and Fox . Ill just try the FoxFarms wish me luck yall

LOVE your input on MP... you're a very welcomed addition to the forum! I'm curious... do you tend to feed it nutes every time? and does it dry out and/or need to be fed more frequent being an agroponic medium? I've used it for my babies for years with great success but my pref is to heavily amend the soil with organics for the bloom cycle but I'm curious how your approach your feeds... Even though I don't use nutes from the bottle for much at all anymore I have enuf around here to play with and I love trying new things... I just picked up Roots Organics HPK (liquid bat guano + K-Mag) to use when my soil gets tired the last few weeks of bloom... I wouldn't mind running it with PureBlendPro or BioBiz in LW for shanizzle n giggles... Have a good one!

thanks dirty! it's good to be back!

feeding depends on what i'm growing.... my SSH likes to only be fed about 1/2 strength every 3rd or 4th feeding.... my GrapeFruit and SourJack like to be fed 1/2 to full strength every other watering.... my WW, she tends to go either way ;)

one of the things i like about it is the moisture retention and how the holding capacity fluctuates.... what i mean is, if you start a seedling or clone in it, you only have to water once, maybe, twice a week depending on container size.... if you use it consistently, for say a mother plant, the water holding capacity tends to go way down as the plant get older so it requires more frequent waterings.... i actually prefer this fluctuation because it allows me more precise feeding....

also, i've used it with Pure Blend Pro grow and soil bloom formula and loved it.... it was a 100% organic regimen.... here's a pic from one of my grows from 2004 with the Pure Blend/Light Warrior.... the strains were Pot of Gold and NL/WW....

100_0979.jpg

OGCOUGH said:
they dont ship out theres this crappy hydro shop near me where i got OceanForest but they dont sell light warrior only Happy Frog and Fox . Ill just try the FoxFarms wish me luck yall

you could always see if there's any way to get them to carry it.... sometimes just asking nicely can get an item on the shelf....

dirtyolsouth said:
Hi bud,

i run pbp soil + roots hp2 + other organics... i would of bought the hpk but i simply was broke as a joke and didnt have the extra 3 dollars tell us how that works for you sounds like a really good item

Latest posts

Back