seeds in plants, why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessamine

Reaction score
Hello,
I grow in soil under 600w bulbs in two grow rooms that are in the garage
In 5th week of flower the plants started to show seed prodution
there are no light leaks, in the beginning of flower there were a 3 times they got 12.5 hours of darkness, would this cause the seeding?
also, one of the rooms has temps in the 60s always, and a high humidity
the other room has 70s temps with 50% humidity avg.
they did receive too many ferts in the beginning, i flushed and gave less
I have not found any male parts on the plants,
in one room there is one strain
in the other two strains, all different
why seeds?

it got pollinated by a male marijuana plant at some point...sry to hear about the seeded buds...

Have you actually seen a seed? Or, are you seeing fat calyxes and assuming there are seeds in them? I've seen calyxes that looked like they had seeds, but were just fat with goodness.

If they are indeed seeds, they either got pollenated by males or you have a hermie in your garden. A female cannot produce seeds unless polenated with pollen from male or hermaphrodie. Got any pics?

Puff- The Magic Dragon said:
Have you actually seen a seed? Or, are you seeing fat calyxes and assuming there are seeds in them? I've seen calyxes that looked like they had seeds, but were just fat with goodness.

I agree. Fat calyxes look seeded. Looks like I have big fat seeds on my Afghani, but just swollen calyxes.

You can end up with a hermie and not know as this just happened to me yesterday I found that one of my plants did indeed herm with the pollen sacs hidden deep within the female flowers and evidently went unnoticed but it happened to a plant that had been stressed more than the others. If it is a one plant problem then remove it from the grow area to prevent the others from getting pollinated. Sorry to hear about this because I just went through the same thing. Try bursting one of the sacs being careful not to spread any potential pollen left on the plant in question. :farm:

Latest posts

Back