share some experience....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walt

Reaction score
I have researched lot of help on this and can't seen to put the finger on the problem!

Yellow tips on old leaves - got it! too hot of hydro to soon from clones! Re made nutrient solution tank!

I thought of an Mag deficentcy - added some cal-mag to nut tank! Especially since I am using RO water! Took tank from 650ppm to 830 ppm - EC=1.19 - No real changes!

Now some of the leave are "miss shapen" ill-regular?

Now I am stumped???

Pic 1 - GG4 - A1
GG4 - A1.jpg
Pic2 - GG4 - A3
GG4 - A3.jpg
Pic3 - KK - A5
KK - A5.jpg

Im not a hydro grower but what you are showing there is exactly what happens to my young plants when the pH wonders out of range.

What are you using to check and maintain your proper ph level? It looks like a PH issue to me as well.

My Ph has been at 6.0 - sometimes it goes to 6.2 and I lower it back to 5.9 - 6.0....
I just lowered it back to 5.7 - 5.8...... I have a pretty good Hanna ph meter - calibrated to specs...
Anyone think about Fe (iron)?

If you are running hydro, your pH is too high. For hydro, I generally started at about 5.5 and let it drift up to about 6.0 There are very few nutrients available at pH levels over 6 in hydro.

Yeah you are too high in the PH range. I would PH to 5.5 and then it will usually drift higher over time. Once it gets to 6.0 Drop it back down.

10-4 I lowered it to 5.5 and we will see - I am also letting my temps go higher to 80 instead of the 77 I was at.....
Thanks!!!!!

What is your water temperature , to cold or to hot water can look like a PH problem , I always maintain 22 deg cel I think that's around 70 faren , under 22 often causes leaves to deform

QBCrocket - water temps start at 18 C and usually kept around 20 C - I change my Nut Tank weekly...

QBCrocket - water temps start at 18 C and usually kept around 20 C - I change my Nut Tank weekly...
Hi Walt 18 sounds low I find 22 - 24 works for me EC 1.6 for plant at that stage , are you flood and drain or deep C

re-circulate - ebb & Flow - right now 2nd week - I am at 1.19 EC - 830ppm

Latest posts

Back