Shout out to THG ( ppm question)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickywicked

Reaction score
Using the Lucas formula with a target ppm of 829ppm. My tap water is 200ppm. So my meter should read 1029ppm to get the 829. Ok now I want to add mag and calcium and this is going to raise ppm considerably..I guess the Lucas formula ppm's is only for the mutes, not the tap water or or other stuff. Have I got this right?

Yes, that is right. However, the cal mag is not going to raise the ppms considerably. With tap water over 200 ppm you may not need to add cal mag--there may already be enough in the water.

How did you decide that you want 829 ppms to be what you want to run? If you are wanting your nutes AT 829, you have to add the tap water ppm and any other additives ppm.

Searched "Lucas add back formula" and they recommended 829 for veg and 1326 for bloom. Seemed to work last time. Thx for fast reply. What do u recommend?

Those are good middle of the road numbers for average feeding. You don't have to be so precise. In veg I wouldn't run quite that high as it makes the plants grow like crazy, but that's with my strains and using a grow formula. I usually start low early in veg and then continue to raise the ppm each week until I get to around 600-700ppm and, depending on the plants, I will level off there. Then when they begin going into bloom, I start raising again to around the 1300ppm mark. Some plants will want more, others will want less.

If those numbers worked for you, without any issues, last time and you haven't changed strains, then it should work for you this time without any issues :)

Latest posts

Back