Show off your pumpkins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadlakmike1

Reaction score
So Halloween is fastly approaching, one of my favorite times of year! Outdoor meds hanging or curing, leaves are changing, and all the spooky things are starting to come out! I love haunted houses, and i still love carving pumpkins. Here are a few I carved last year, and I will post more once I carve them this year. Anyone else want to share? The pumpkins are Nosferatu, Heath Ledger as the joker(I have been using this as my avatar since I carved it), a fairy with wings leaning on a mushroom, and Johnny Cash.

DSCN0545.JPG

DSCN0546.JPG

DSCN0544.JPG

GetAttachment.jpg

awesome,..my avi is my pumpkin from last year..I am shal we say inept at carving. mine looks like an 8 yo did it..

Hey Mike, just repped ya bro. Nice pumpkins! Looks like you got quite the artists hands..

Very nice work my friend. Yes this is our favorite time of the year as well. ;)

Nice to see you TB'sG! You going to be carving and posting some pumpkins, too?

Thank you for the compliments, rep, and shared joy of a fun fun holiday! Good to see some familiar faces/names stop by. As the big show approaches, I hope more of you post your pumpkins too, even if they're just two triangles and a smile! I'll post more once I do some closer to Halloween.

Anyone else going to share some pumpkins? I'll post more in a few days. Is there really not going to be any sort of pumpkin carving contest this year??:(

Nice pumpkins, Mike! I started a pumpkin contest thread a few weeks ago but there aren't any entries! You win! :D

ArtVandolay said:
Nice pumpkins, Mike! I started a pumpkin contest thread a few weeks ago but there aren't any entries! You win! :D

wait now...i looked for that thread Art..Ill find it ..ill have to go buy a pumkin and and carv special huh? heres My 520lb:hubba: 3rd place:rolleyes: local fair 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :48:

DSCF2919.JPG

4U...wow, that's unbelievable. Did you use plant nutes to get that baby so HUGE? How did you even move it? How long did it take to get all the guts out? Did you have to carve it with a chain saw? Seriously, that's one BIGGG mutha!

Good god, man! What did you use to carve it with???? A chainsaw, I'm bettin';)

4u2sm0ke said:
wait now...i looked for that thread Art..Ill find it ..ill have to go buy a pumkin and and carv special huh? heres My 520lb:hubba: 3rd place:rolleyes: local fair 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :48:

My kids did some cute ones. I intended to take pics the next day as it was too dark outside. They got eaten that night by the damn squirrels or possums.

Ok 4u2, I looked around and around and couldn't find no giant pumpkins by my house. No giant squash or peaches or even giant squirrels. So Ima have to share my dinner. These are burritos. They have food inside. They are really handy if you have no pockets to put stuff in.

These weigh in at a hefty 3.5 lbs a piece. That's 7 lbs of pure Mexican-American gut bomb right there. I'll be carving them for the kiddies later....

I know what yer thinking.... They're not even orange.:cool: It's just, I can't pass up good competition no matter how bad I suck.

Peace bro!:D

2009_1028Oct270003.JPG

:rofl: no chainsaw but it was a Hand held saw..lol..we used a flatbed trailer to move it..and to get it on the trailer..took 4 of us with a blanket under it...oh and a couple hernias as well:giggle: These are giant pumkin seeds I buy..I did MJ in the garden where I grow these beasts..and plant to compete again next summer..Thanks for all the kind words and look forword to seeing everyone elses...

nvthis...Idd like to carve into that one on the right...Dam..Now Im hungry

mojave...we had it out in front of house and i dont know how many people took pics with they little gobblin inside ..:rofl: that was cute..May get a few ask about My giant pumkin not here this year....maybe i can put out all my MJ stalks huh:giggle:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :ciao:

SM, I can eat off of one of these 3X. They taste fantastic. Kinda like a certain pie you might get around the holidays? I don't wanna say what kind, 'cause someone might accuse me of flaming, but yeah, just like that. Only waaaaaaay different.

You gotta watch what they're giving you though. One time, when I was young and all my body parts worked, I got one of these that was just packed full. Now, I don't like saying stuff 'cause I'm a little sensitive about my minority heritage, but, I swear on Julia Childs grave, that there was at least three Mexicans in every bite. I mean, it was packed.

I know, I know, that was probably mean bringing up Aunt Julia like that. Well, I was gonna swear on Michael Jacksons grave but I just saw the Thriller, and I ain't touchin' that til after Halloween! Lord knows that's all I would need for his white rotting butt pushin' up out of the dirt and making a fat liar outta me!:cool:

4u2sm0ke said:
:rofl: no chainsaw but it was a Hand held saw..lol..we used a flatbed trailer to move it..and to get it on the trailer..took 4 of us with a blanket under it...oh and a couple hernias as well:giggle: These are giant pumkin seeds I buy.

Are the seeds actually giant too, or do they look like normal size? I got such a kick out of growing pumpkins this yr and hope to do a lil bit better insect control next yr.

Hahahahaha nv....just gimmie some burrito and I won't hold anything againt ya. ;)

Latest posts

Back