Show off your pumpkins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokinMom said:
Are the seeds actually giant too, or do they look like normal size? I got such a kick out of growing pumpkins this yr and hope to do a lil bit better insect control next yr.

So, ain'tcha gonna show us yer pumpkins Mom?:hubba:

Like I said, they got divoured by the damn squirrels. Dammit!

I do have pics of my pumpkin patch in the general gardening section, tho its been ages since I posted. Probably on page 5 by now.

Why's your msn off huh? :p

I dunno. I don't know how to turn it off, let alone turn it back on;)

SmokinMom said:
Are the seeds actually giant too, or do they look like normal size? I got such a kick out of growing pumpkins this yr and hope to do a lil bit better insect control next yr.

They are large about the size of a quarter..Google Giant pumkin seeds..lots of fun...The winning pumkin wieghed 892lbs..2nd was 783lbs...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!

4u2sm0ke said:
They are large about the size of a quarter..Google Giant pumkin seeds..lots of fun...The winning pumkin wieghed 892lbs..2nd was 783lbs...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!

Wow, those are some big pumpkins. I would love to get my hands on one, I would carve something crazy on it!! Maybe the death star, I know someone that carved it on a regular sized pumpkin, but I bet it would look awesome on a giant one! BTW, those gut bombs do look awesome! At 3.5lbs, I don't think I would be going back for seconds though!

Here are some new pumpkins I carved. Believe it or not, but they look a lot better in person, even with macro the pictures just don't capture all the detail. I need to get a SLR.

It's The Grinch(The picture really didn't come out good at all, it doesn't look so dark in person), Jack Skellington (The Pumpkin King from A Nightmare Before Christmas), a haunted house with a tree to the left and a little cemetery on the bottom right corner, and then Johhny Depp as Jack Sparrow from Pirate's of the Caribbean! Hope everyone enjoy's them, let me know what you think!

DSCN1081.JPG

DSCN1082 - Copy.JPG

DSCN1084 - Copy.JPG

DSCN1087 - Copy.JPG

Very nice Mike....i like the crab looking one Way to carve man...:48:

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I also really enjoy it, I put a lot of time into it so it feels good to hear people say nice things on here, and as they came by my house tonight. I think the parents appreciate them more than the kids, but the kids like them too. The ladies really seemed to like the Johnny Depp pumpkin. That one you like, is supposed to be Jack Skellington, the main character from the movie A nightmare before christmas. Here's a few pics of him, (including the one I modified to turn into a pumpkin pattern).

nightmare_before_christmas_by_daekazu.jpg

Jack_Skellington_by_BrokenWindmill.jpg

4819-20050125235252.jpg

cadlakmike1 said:
Jack Skellington, the main character from the movie A nightmare before christmas. Here's a few pics of him, (including the one I modified to turn into a pumpkin pattern).

Wow Mike! You mean no pre-made patterns? Now I gotta say I'm impressed:cool: I just don't think I have it like that. I mean, tracing a pattern and cutting along the lines ain't nothing, but knowing how deep to cut, and when to go all the way through for the different shades? I would have to say that's gotta take some artistic talent. Nice work man. The Johnny Depp/Capt. Jack pumpkin is a work of genius bro. No mistaking who that is;)

-NV

Again, I really appreciate the kind words. The thing I think that makes him work so well are the eyes, they have a lot of detail in them. I have to admit some of the ones I do are pre-made patterns, but not all of them. All of them do however consist of some shading and some cutting, that really helps to get the 3D effect.

I used to buy those pumpkin-master books from Wally-world and do the cut out thing, but I wanted to step it up and after a lot of research and trial and error, this is where I am now. I also sell them locally, I do special requests of all sorts of things, and portraits of people which come out really good. I end up doing a lot of pumpkins of people's kids(for obvious reasons I don't want to post pics of them here) and those obviously have no pattern. I start with the picture and modify it into a pattern on photo-shop before I start carving.

Those are awesome, Mike! You definitely win the carving contest we didn't have! :) I'd be pretty hard pressed to pick a favorite from those 4, though! Great job.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cadlakmike1 again.

Mike-

Truly awesome skills man!

Always enjoy seeing your creations.

yeah, great job on those man. they look great :)

ArtVandolay said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cadlakmike1 again.

:yeahthat:

Thanks MIKE.....you do WIN this years Pumkin carve....Im bowing down ...can ya see?

:ciao:....and I see the pic better now...just had CRABS on my mind...lol.. take care and be safe

awesome pumpkins mike..love the jack one...

a man locally was offering pumpkin carving services...so much per pumpkin depending on the details...

2Dog said:
a man locally was offering pumpkin carving services...so much per pumpkin depending on the details...

Was that one of the same guys that tried to sell you broken lights, 2dog? :rofl:

Hi Mike...

AWESOME skills, bro... I love your work. This pumpkin below is much more suiting to my pumpking carving skills... OR lack thereof... lol... :p

ArtVandolay said:
Was that one of the same guys that tried to sell you broken lights, 2dog?

I'll bet it was...:p Hey Art~! Did the ol' 'mask trick' work on the dogs again this year? Did they bite you or soil the carpet when they saw you? :hubba:

Peace~!:cool:

Night-detecting-pumpkin.jpg

:rofl: Hey, dos, the rest of the game we play is they have to take their biscuit out of my hand while I have the mask on :hubba:. You should see them struggle between barking at me and wanting those biscuits!

ArtVandolay said:
Was that one of the same guys that tried to sell you broken lights, 2dog? :rofl:

people man...get there and it doesnt light up..oh its just the bulb well dude im not chancing it lol...or oh it lit up last night... or my brother said it worked..they figure u wont check...I dont meet places it cant be plugged in and checked at and I never go alone... or they plug it in and it flickers...or it works but isnt bright like it should be...:cool: :eek:

Latest posts

Back