Sick Babies Please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD466US

Reaction score
Okay, I have 5 Nirvana WW's that I started germing right after X-mas. 2 weeks ago I put my babies in a DWC set up. When I did that I used 1/4 strenght of GH Flora nutes(micro, growth, and bloom) and everybody seemed content. A couple of days ago I noticed that the biggest of my girls had developed some spots on her leaves, so yesterday I cleaned and changed the water in the tank.This time I upped the nutes to a little less than 1/2 strength (1/2 of what the Flora directions call for). Well today now all my girls have spots! They are vegging under cfl's, my water is well water not city, that is filtered, PH levels are between 6.3 and 6.5, and my temps are from 74 to 78 degrees with plenty of air movement both coming in and out.I used this DWC set up on my last grow with bag seed and the nutes that came with the DWC kit and had no problems, now I have SPOTS! Please help me cure my sick babies, like any proud and loving parent I am under extreme stress that my babies are ailing!
Thanks,
JD

Hey JD,
When you are doing hydro, you want your ph around 5.5 - 5.8. Yours sounds a little high. If it's not that, it could be the amount of nutes your giving them, since they are just babies. I would try 1/4 str, try to bring down the ph, and see what happens. Those spots won't go away though, new growth is the most important thing. Also, have you been getting water on your leaves? When the lights are close, such as when you use cfl's, and you get water on the leaves, it can create spots through magnification.

Latest posts

Back