single cola plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dank.bud76

danker da better
Reaction score
i have seen pictures of plants that grow as a single, large cola. no branches so to speak and what looked like few leaves. is there a trick to growing plants like that or is it completely dependent on genetics? thanks

dank.bud76 said:
i have seen pictures of plants that grow as a single, large cola. no branches so to speak and what looked like few leaves. is there a trick to growing plants like that or is it completely dependent on genetics? thanks

Look at my grow white widow monsters in my sig.

What I did was let them grow without any LST or topping and remove most all lower branches, look at the first pictures I posted, the almost look like corn stalks.

By the way no other method so far has yield more for me in in my same 2x5 flower area - 749 grms.

oltomnoddy said:
Is that 749 g. dry?

Yea check out the grow, Im not saying its the best or the most per watt but the best Ive done in a 2x5 area.

I havent seen bigger indoor buds yet.

Yeah Growdude, I am thinking along the same lines with my indicas. The ones I LSTd and supercropped look like being beaten in yield by the clones I grew with single colas, not topped or FIMmed or anything. Next season I am thinking of growing more 'traditional' plants closer together. Narrow, but deep, pots.

i read somewhere that you could do it by going straight to flower from seed or clone. but that thread had plenty of nay-sayers and others who swore by it. in other words, not real conclusive. i've got a few seeds i'm trying that out on, about 6" tall now, we'll see how they do, they've already got 4 nodes so i think that myth was busted. i'll try the pruning method on my next experiment. no more room to waste now ;(

Latest posts

Back