Siphon problem solution FYI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickywicked

Reaction score
When the pump in my reservoir turns off it continues to drain water from the res to control bucket. Wasn't sure how to kill the siphon action. Tried some stuff, didn't work finally a simple hole drilled in the pump hose drilled above the nutrition/waterline solved the problems.

I did tooo and somehow it still siphoned off.
Dont ask how cos it cannot do that really.
T4

The Titan flo-n-gro comes with a hole in the elbow in the rez lid.

I peeked in once and got an eye full. :doh:

Just drilled eighth inch hole in the hose above the waterline, squirts out but pump pressure takes care of problem. It works

You should be able to install a check valve fitting in the water hose/pipe at the apex of the curve, or at the highest point that the water line travels between the pump and the rez.(having it situated so that it connects the lite to the air so that when the pump is on, the valve is closed, and when the pump turns off the valve will open and allow air to come into the hose/pipe) I know that the lawn watering systems have a check valve that is small enough to use for this but should be big enough so that when the water pressure cuts off, it will allow air to come into the hose at the highest point so that the hose will empty rather than the siphon continuing to pull the water through the line.

If you can't get a check valve fitting then a simple "T" or small watering fitting placed in the hose close to the pump but above the water-line inside the rez will allow air to get into the hose after the pump has shut off. :)

Latest posts

Back