smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffxcarter

Reaction score
does any1 one know i could keep some smell out i have 4 plants will they stink up whole house from basement?

Are you using any kind of scrubber? can you vent outside? what do you have going right now? let us know a little more

ok its under the stairs and no vent yet but since its in the basement will the nieghbors smell it but can u give me an idea that i can grab form local hardware store

jeffxcarter said:
ok its under the stairs and no vent yet but since its in the basement will the nieghbors smell it but can u give me an idea that i can grab form local hardware store

Yes, you can make a carbon filter from things you can get at the hardware store. There are some DIYs on this site. However, smell is something you generally do not need to worry about until your girls are flowering.

ok good do u think neighscould smell throught the basment wall which is cement?

Hey man, weed is pungent stuff, and when growing something so illegal, best to take every precaution, ya know?

you never know how stinky they will be until they flower.some have alomost no odor until you start touching or rubbing them,others will stink like mad and unfortunatly for us nothing smells like growing pot except for growing pot.so if u continue your new hobby i would bite the bullet and get a fan and a scrubber or make one.

You're bigger concern may be your heating system- if it's an air system the smell could move all over the place. I dried some bud in a spare bedroom and didn't cover the return vent- oh boy, the whole house stunk! My wife b****ed me out.
Unless you live next door to superman, no-ones gonna smell it through the concrete. It's where the studs of your floors and walls that hit the concrete that the smell will seep through.
Build a carbon scrubber like THG said. There are some other great smell reducing ideas in the DIY section. Take a look and find something that'll work for you.
Good luck

how much money uthink it would be can i get a list and the prices plzz ty

The DIY carbon scrubber can be found in the DIY section of this forum, its a stickied post so its at the top. It shouldn't cost much more than 50 bucks to build, and a good fan to go with it will be 50-150 bucks. You'll want a good fan since sucking air through the carbon puts quite a load of work on the fans, so look for a good blower or centrifugeal fan.

I just built on of these http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=17337

Quite effective, you can get the Ona and soil moist from HTG supply.

Grow, you read my mind. This is exactly what I was going to suggest.
IMO, the easiest, and cheapest way to solve your problem for area effect.
The carbon scrubbers would be better if you have ventallation ducting to hook one to too.

If you have any plumbing skills you could do something more permenant.By cutting a hole and using pvc to tap inti your serwerline;Then simply attach asmall fan to push the air though the pvc and into the sewer.Or just do it the easy way with a 5gallon bucket,soil moist,water,ona from grow shop,a fan,a drill.htats it we have a forum for that were you can build your own.check it out.:hubba:

I would not recommend connecting to your sewer. Sewer gas is both obnoxious and noxious. You would need some kind of water filled p-trap to keep the smell out of your grow area, which would prevent you from being able to blow the air out. There are other reasons, but this is the most compelling.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would not recommend connecting to your sewer. Sewer gas is both obnoxious and noxious. You would need some kind of water filled p-trap to keep the smell out of your grow area, which would prevent you from being able to blow the air out. There are other reasons, but this is the most compelling.

Amen to that. I saw that yesterday and have read it other places as well. About one o'clock last night my builder's radar went off. Pklease do not hook your exhaust to your sewer. As THG said: not only obnoxious by has the ability to be extremely noxious. That's why we put a p-trap full of water under every drain in a building. Your bathtub and your shower both have them under the floor. Good luck but be safe with plumbing as well as electricity. Don't wake up dead some morning, okay?

Latest posts

Back