Snax Is Ready Fer One 'O Them Newfangled Digital Scales, Any Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaxforgandhi

On a mission...apparently
Reaction score
Greetings Earthlings,

Snax is in need of a new scale peeps. The ancient and venerable triple-beam Ohaus recently took up cement diving from the benchtop thanx to that most evil of feline fiends and mortal archnemesis of Snax: Bodi the Mostly Orange Hellkitty.:rant:

Nevermind that it was the size of a Buick and Snax's friends would delight in endlessly razzing him about the fact that it took two grown men to move it from room to room, Snax loved his 3-armed beauty and was much dismayed at her untimely demise.

So, though still in mourning, I find that I must have a scale about, so do I seek one. I have heard tell of a most wonderous contraption, whispers on the wind of a technology enabling the manufacture of scales small enough to fit in the backseat without bumping the baby seat to the trunk. They say it's called, "dig-i-tal." Is this true? There is nothing like this on Snax's world.

And so Snax turns to his Brothers and Sisters at MP for guidance, for he is a bear of little brain, and long words bother him. Can anyone recommend a particular dig-i-tal scale? Any suggestions regarding things like gradation, tare, portability, price, color, smell, sexual orientation, or favorite movie?

Snax would be most appreciate to any and all who might avail in this matter, and; does anybody want a cat?

~Snax (He Who "Just Loves" Mrs. Snax's Cat :mad: )

Hi Snax,

Does Mrs. Snax want you to weigh the cat for any reason? :rolleyes: Would 200 grams suffice? I really love my little 200g Ohaus scale... It's great for weighing out anything, including my dry ingredients for nutes and cooking, it has a handy 'zero' feature that you can put ie a plastic plate on the scale, zero it and then the scale reads what you put on top of the i.e. plate. I have the model # CS200 and they sell for about $75 online. Very accurate and portable and make sure it comes with the proper calibration weight and DON'T drop it on your toe OR the cat! :hubba:

Peace!:cool:

Hey DOS!

Thanx fer yer suggestion. You have a digital Ohaus, eh? Might be nice to keep it in the family, huh? And yeah, I would think 200g would be plenty! I can think of a few things I'd like 200g of in fact! I will for sure check that out, thanx again.

Anyone else got any ideas? They sell a bunch of cheap lookin' "no-name" scales at the smoke and head shops around here, but I don't think I would trust them unless someone vouched for one.

Hello Snax :)

I have something similar to this, very accurate.

hXXp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0-1-g-gram-Diamond-Digital-Weighing-Scale-Pocket-Scale_W0QQitemZ260520203758QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL?hash=item3ca836d5ee

:peace:

Thanx HIE!

Very nice, and the price is certainly right. Have you had yours long?

Is there much difference in accuracy between scales do you know? I'm asking 'cuz, like digital watches: There was a time when price meant quality. But they've gotten the microchip so "down" that even the Hamburglar watch your kidz get in their happy meals keeps almost perfect time, and they're cranked out for pennies in China. Is it like that with digital scales too I wonder? 'Cuz if a $20.00 scale keeps pace with a $200.00 scale in all areas that matter, I'd certainly rather pocket the bux!

Again, thanx and sorry for all the questions!

~Snax

They are very accurate ;)

Had mine about 3 years now.

Keep your $ in your pocket.

These are accurate to 1/10th of a gram.

Do you need more accuracy?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
These are accurate to 1/10th of a gram.

Do you need more accuracy?:peace:
Nope! 1/10th of a gee is as close as I'll ever need to be... that is until I start stockpiling yellow-cake uranium for my doomsday device!!! ;)

~Snax (He Who Would Rule The World!!!)

I have had a cheap no name digi from one of the headshops for over 6 yrs, all I have had to do was change the battery, and throw a gm weight on it once in awhile to zero it out. It also does tare weight. Do what you want, but my 20 dollars has gone a long way. It doesn't get nearly the use that it used to, as I have not done any of the bad stuff that I used to do (syringes have no place in my home these days) for a couple yrs now.

Hey,

I went out tonite and found a local bodega that has a kinda headshop/tobacco stuff "section" I guess you'd call it. For such a puny little spot I was amazed to find that they had like eight different kinds; apparently scales that look like cell phones and Ipods are the current rage. Pass. I picked up a 100g scale w/ 0.01g grads for, like, $24.00! It's actually pretty stout and nicely appointed in a sick little case, and it comes in right on the mark on all of my cal masses. I thought I was gonna hafta drop a Benny to get anything decent.

Yeah, I haven't used a scale in "that" way for a long, long time. Like you too I think LF, I am a completely different person these days. I am much happier. Believe it or not, it didn't even occur to me that trolling for scales advice on an "illicit substance" website might look funny, der.:stoned: I guess that shows how far removed I am from "that" life.

Actually, I use my scales all the time for all sorts of things. I discovered many years ago that when I would, thru serendipity or chance, wind up with a tool or piece of equipment that I had yet, if ever I might, to actually have a "need" for, it would inevitably lead to an expansion of my interests toward whatever opportunities that tool might facilitate, and consequently my skillset would grow: Give a man a hammer and he will find something to whack with it.

Most recently I have acquired a really decent binocular microscope with a digital camera eyepiece for a song. I have had another, kinda crappy one around for years, but nothing like this. I wasn't looking for it either; I was in the right place at the right time and jumped. Since then I've been using it all the time! It adds new dimensions to what I can already do, and paves the way toward learning a new thing. I'm just starting to get into microscopy/photomicrography and hope to start producing displayable pieces of sufficient size using the Agfa vertical process camera I picked up the same way (tho free!) last year. The same has been true for precision scales; because I had one I somehow had a million uses for one all of a sudden.

Stoned. Rambling. Stopping now.

~Snax (He Who Is Verbose)

I for one really like the micro-photography...will be looking forward to seeing more of it...just don't start showing me the little buggers in our food..please!

Latest posts

Back