Snitch causes bust of grow op.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stoney Bud

This is one of the reasons that here on Marijuana Passion, we Mods try so hard to keep people from posting ANYTHING that could lead to the cops learning something about anyone's grow.

This is a damn shame. "Authorities found out about the operation through an anonymous tip in 2006". This means someones lips were working overtime. Someone ran their mouth.

Only three people should know about my grow:

1. Me
2. Myself
3. And I

Any more, and this is what happens:

Six busted in drug raid

Local marijuana supply takes a major hit

Palm Coast, Florida

On the outside, the suburban Palm Coast homes involved in "Operation Hide and Seek" looked like their neighbors', with American flags flying and toys in the front yards.

The inside of these homes, however, had been made over into sophisticated greenhouses, complete with irrigation systems, artificial sun lights and ventilation to cultivate the highest quality plants.

The greenhouses and their six caretakers were outed Tuesday in an overnight raid involving more than 40 law enforcement officers.

Flagler County Sheriff Donald Fleming announced the bust Wednesday and predicted it will have a "major impact" on the drug's sales in the Jacksonville area.

The marijuana distributors were believed to have been in business for the past two years, netting more than $1 million before the bust.

With a turnaround of a 25-pound crop every four to six weeks, it was "the largest such operation in Flagler County's history," the sheriff said.

The high-grade marijuana had an estimated street value of $8,000 to $10,000 per pound.

Six men were arrested in the initial raid, including brothers Michael and Troy Fanelli, who were believed to be in charge. Additional arrests were expected to come later in the week.

Authorities found out about the operation through an anonymous tip in 2006. The sheriff's office teamed up with narcotics agents from several other agencies to build a case over the year that followed.

On Tuesday, authorities obtained 300 marijuana plants; bulging gallon-size bags of ready-to-sell marijuana; growing equipment; and $20,000 in cash in the homes. They also took a safe that has not yet been inventoried.
In video footage police took while they cleared the homes, the waist-high plants could be seen in pots spanning wall-to-wall. There were large greenhouse lights overhead, reflective materials on the walls, and electric fans blowing air across the crops. Pipelines bordering the rooms were connected to hoses that led straight into each plant.

"They built the irrigation system so the plants were watered when they needed to be, but they weren't over-watered," explained sheriff's spokeswoman Debra Johnson.

She said one house alone had 150 marijuana plants growing in a master bedroom and a second bedroom. The homes were on Fleetwood Drive, Elder Drive and Whittier Lane. Johnson was unsure of the Duval County home's location.

As the investigation continues, police plan to seize any assets related to the operation.

In addition to the sheriff's office, the agencies involved included the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Tri-County Task Force in St. Augustine, the Jacksonville Office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Office of Statewide Prosecution.

You have just got to wonder how much exaggeration is going on. When my house was raided over 10 years ago. The wright up in the paper sounded an awful lot like this one and my two chambers combined wasn't but about 50' sq. We all know that leo is prone to exaggeration!!

8K-10K a LBS????????? Man, I need to get a hold of that super stellar out of this world NASA strain. Here I am with a bunch of crappy kush that would only get around $5K a lbs.
And getting 25 LBS every 4-6 weeks to! Man, I got the wrong strains, no doubt about it.

Hopefully, the Pigs messed up somewhere and the charges can be wittled down. Someone I knew had a over a hundred plant hydro garden and was raided. But the Pigs hadn't bothered to get a warrant, so none of it was admissable. However he also had plants in the yard and ended up with around 45 days in jail for those.
The penalties for such an operation are as we know, immoral and evil. But I just feel like I have to say, it seems to be (usually) the ones that get a bit greedy or go commercial that run into trouble. If you're selling massive quantities, obviously other people are going to know when money changes hands. Sooner or later, someone in that pipeline will get busted, and squeal to save their posterior.
Remember what the door mouse said.

Yeah, I always get a laugh at the silly prices that leo gives for their busts. ...Yeah, right!

I think the 25 pounds was combined between the several grows in different houses according to the article. I don't think leo understands how a grow room works.."They built the irrigation system so the plants were watered when they needed to be, but they weren't over-watered"...Well DUH !!! Ya think?

Typical leo comment. They like to SOUND like they know what they're talking about.

8-10K per/pound....uh huh....yeah, if you added up what it would bring in once it was sold by the joint. The cops love to exaggerate the money. It helps them get funding for their crap.

Stoney Bud,

what kind of precautions should we take, on the forum i mean. I know that you posted a while back saying that disclaimers don't work. What are some ideas for internet forum security?

thanks

On Tuesday, authorities obtained 300 marijuana plants; bulging gallon-size bags of ready-to-sell marijuana; growing equipment; and $20,000 in cash in the homes. They also took a safe that has not yet been inventoried.

LOL i'm sure the second safe was empty...after the cops took inventory

ROFL

SuperNoob said:
Stoney Bud,

what kind of precautions should we take, on the forum i mean. I know that you posted a while back saying that disclaimers don't work. What are some ideas for internet forum security?

thanks
The only possible way to connect your member name to your IP address is to gain access to the server which is located in a marijuana friendly country that won't allow anyone to access it from other countries legal standpoint.

So, as long as you do not post anything that can be used by leo to pinpoint where you are and who you are, then you're safe.

THINGS TO NOT DO:

1. Post pictures of your house, neighborhood, or anything that can be positivly identified as belonging to you, like photos on the wall.

2. Post no pictures of your car or anyone elses. For sure no Lic Plates.

3. Avoid saying things like "I love to go to the club 99 on main street about 2 blocks from my house." Leo isn't stupid. Leo can get on his trusty dusty Leo scanner and ask ALL leo's if they know of a nightclub named that on that street in THEIR city. One of them will ID it.

4. Leo uses information that takes YEARS to accumulate. If in one post, you say: "I have a trusty old bright red hat with "GENIUS" on the front that I wear all the time", then leo will remember that and use it when they come to club 99 looking for you.

5. COMMON SENSE is your best protector. Before submitting a post, look it over as if you were leo. What can you use? If you find something, then just re-write the post so you don't use anything leo can possibly use.

when they weigh pot they iclude the roots.....any dirt still hanging on the roots...the stalks...everything...when they put a price on it ...they use street prices which is usualy and once or half ounce...all this makes it sound worst than what it is in the papers......

yeah for real stoney the only people that know about your grow is you yourself and you lol we know about it lol but yeah leo exagerrates every thing the only people that know abut my grow is family Ex. My bros and
dad and in my family we dont snitch!!! so as long as its family its straight
in my eyes. So peace out and Fly Low And Beat The Radar!!

id like to get a look at weed that cost 8000 10000 a pound (seems a little high,no)maybe ive been out of the game to long ,,,,,,,have not paid cash for weed in a long time, did not know the market was that high,,,,p,l,r

No kiddin Rasta. I want somathat.

10K Hehe

Yeah, right officer.....

Whatever you say...

the only people that know abut my grow is family Ex. My bros and
dad and in my family we dont snitch!!!
Hey KB, was that a typo or did you just say EX. in the middle of that?
If so, I hope that there is no hard fealings..... That would worry me!!

no doubt man, if you get busted it`s "YOU" to blame.
i don`t tell any family either, unless you have to i.e the person lives with you. other than that...it`s a need-to-know basis.
bad news about the bust man, price hike coming your way.:eek:

"leo" ive never heard this b4... is there a reason for calling them this? ive heard "Jakes, 50, 5-0, Rolers" and some others but never "leo"

i`m going to take a stab in the dark with this one....law enforcement officers??:laugh: :stoned: :fly: you can`t make this stuff up man! great.
it took me ages to figure that out....

If you use the posting to add info that will help a grower you dont need to use anything that will put you at risk. What gets us into trouble is bragging to much and trying to be the best and beat everyone else and then you end up making yourself look a lot sweeter to leo than you really are. I would never use words like, I grow on the creek 200yards from my house. Then they trace your ip back to you and there close to your grow. And the people who post mapquest of there grow site im sure with the right software they can trace that picture to that area. Be careful. Stay away from you outdoor grow and minimize your visits. Dont water everyday don`t go to them everyday. When you plants get big enough to see try going at night. Tell your self would i stake this out for three weeks all night in the mosquitos. Do the math. Slim

Hey stoney, has 'leo' ever posted on here before? i mean, openly? ive heard about warnings on some grow forums before, dont know if there just ** stories though.. just wondering

the_riz said:
Hey stoney, has 'leo' ever posted on here before? i mean, openly? ive heard about warnings on some grow forums before, dont know if there just ** stories though.. just wondering
Why would they post openly? That would be stupid of them. I've gotta say, if none of them ever make it in here, it would be very surprising to me. Who knows man?

The precautions we take are JUST IN CASE one of them comes in here with intentions of using information from this site to bust someone.

Why offer a meal for the roaches? It's easier to clean the house and keep them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back