So How Many of You Breeders Have Created Something There Proud Of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this not what I said? I never said anything about crossing two white widow from different seed banks, because that would really be more of an outcross, because although they are the same strains they will more then likely have a different genetic make up and have a totally different genetic drift. I specifically said that inbreeding is breeding say sister to brother or mother to brother or sister to father. And really true inbreeding is with two seeds that come from the same parent generation, e.g, bother/sister, because crossing back to the original mother or father is technically called backcrossing

Legendary Genetics said:
Family. If you take two a male and a female grown from seed that came from the same mother and cross the two together, that's inbreeding. Or close relations. I wouldn't consider a cross between two plants of very distant relationship but the same strain to be inbred. Like for example two different White Widows from different seedbanks. A very close friend of mine did something like this with the pineapple Cinderella 99 phenotype.

trillions of atoms said:
to sit here and name all strians would be impossible or at least a major task for me to think back and hit everyone.... cheeses, trainwrecks, skunks, afghans, juicyfruits, widdows, nycds, hazes, jamicians, africans, dutch, canadian producers, all have been crossed widely. with all the genetics ive gained over the years wouldwide is hard to grasp to some. what are you looking for? something special that i loved? just about everything ive ever grown ive loved for some certian reason.

That's really cool, you must feel pretty accomplished as a breeder. You working on anything right now? How long have you been breeding?

massproducer said:
Is this not what I said? I never said anything about crossing two white widow from different seed banks, because that would really be more of an outcross, because although they are the same strains they will more then likely have a different genetic make up and have a totally different genetic drift. I specifically said that inbreeding is breeding say sister to brother or mother to brother or sister to father. And really true inbreeding is with two seeds that come from the same parent generation, e.g, bother/sister, because crossing back to the original mother or father is technically called backcrossing

Alright, yeah. Somewhere along the line I must have misinterpreted something.

Latest posts

Back