Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Sodium Bicarb residue

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
284
Reaction score
11
Well, after searching and reading here I found that spraying baking soda on my plants leaves would knock out a bit of powdery mildew I had going on a few leaves/plants. So I mixed it up @ about 1tbs/qt and gave the plants a good spray down, I'm 40 days into flowering and was only seeing a few small white spots on some of the fan leaves so I shielded the buds as best I could. Well the plants took it well and hopefully, removing a couple plants, moving a fan, and nature lowering the RH will prevent any more pm. BUT, it seems that the spray left a white residue on the leaves. It wipes right off and they don't appear to be damaged at all. I was thinking that as long as it wasn't harming the leaves that I would leave it to help with the PM. What do you all think? Leave it or remove it?
 

ozzydiodude

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
9,142
Reaction score
4,319
leave it for a few days then rinse it off would be the way I would do it. IMO by leaving it on you keep the ph lowered on the leaves surface and the mold(powdery mild is a type of mold) spores cant germinate right
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
ozzydiodude said:
leave it for a few days then rinse it off would be the way I would do it. IMO by leaving it on you keep the ph lowered on the leaves surface and the mold(powdery mild is a type of mold) spores cant germinate right
right on ozzie ;) the soda just changes ph on the leafs surface to 'unfavorable' for PW growth. Same as a sulfur burn. .. but different...
 
S

SKAGITMAGIC

Guest
when i had that on my budding females i used plain tepid water, and a sponge, just gave the girls a good scrubing and they made it thru the cycle, they were about at the halfway point anyway, and the smokes ok.
 
S

SKAGITMAGIC

Guest
Hick said:
right on ozzie ;) the soda just changes ph on the leafs surface to 'unfavorable' for PW growth. Same as a sulfur burn. .. but different...
hey Mr. hick, speaking of sulphur burn!! What do you know about these sulphur vaporizers, Between grows I hear this iliminates everything alive in the room. Spores,Germs, whatever?? For 89 bucks thats alot of prevention!!
 

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
284
Reaction score
11
ozzydiodude said:
leave it for a few days then rinse it off would be the way I would do it. IMO by leaving it on you keep the ph lowered on the leaves surface and the mold(powdery mild is a type of mold) spores cant germinate right
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the reassurance!
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
SKAGITMAGIC said:
hey Mr. hick, speaking of sulphur burn!! What do you know about these sulphur vaporizers, Between grows I hear this iliminates everything alive in the room. Spores,Germs, whatever?? For 89 bucks thats alot of prevention!!
It's a LOT more prevention for $8 or $10 SKAG'. Go to a thrift store, buy a single burner electric hot plate and a stainless steel bowl. That and $8 for sulphur and you're in business.
No need for an $89 burner, that "I" have found.
 

Latest posts

Top