soil vs hydro test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfr

dead
Reaction score
hello all,heres the story...got50 clones,25 in a E&F/rockwool system,and i gave 25 to my "soil guy friend". lights,conditions very similar. throughout uor debates i have learnd there benefits to both but i still want to prove my hydro. the clones were cut off the same plant same time.i dont think iwill have pics of his grow(for obvious reasons)but i have started a thread on mine and i will have side by side pics of the final products.who ya puttin your money on?

i'm actually doing both right now. age difference in mine tho, just chopped a few of my soil ladies...i've heard hydro comes out more intense, and if their right it will be in comparison to soft gentle stream, baby deer drinking from a trickle out of the side of a mountain then BBAAMMMM...16 monkeys jump on ya and stomp you so bad you'll change your religion! my money's on the hydro...needless to say.

I have done a comparison like this with 10 clones each. The hydro grew twice as big twice as fast and had twice as much yeild at the time of harvest. However the soil tasted better and was more potent.

rhenderson said:
I have done a comparison like this with 10 clones each. The hydro grew twice as big twice as fast and had twice as much yeild at the time of harvest. However the soil tasted better and was more potent.

Did you use plain pH'd water the last couple weeks of harvest on your hydro setup? It's similar to flushing your soil if you've used nutes to reduce chemical taste/burn.

i actually only flushed two days on my first two grows and didnt notice any funky taste but i was high at the time...all the times. hmmm,yield or taste,everythings always a trade off aint it

the other option to nutes is to go all organic... reduced chem. taste and same yield. :)

Latest posts

Back