some good info about flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDZ420

mmMMmm HAZE
Reaction score
i forget where i found this but ive had it written in my notebook for quite some time well here it is

Why cutting the hours of light induces flowering- The cannabis plant regulates its growth and flowering stages by measuring changes in the hours of uninturupted darkness to determin when to flower. the plant preduces a hormone (phytochrome) begining at germination,(this chemical is destroyed in the presence of even a few moments of light) when this chemical Builds up to a certain level the plant switches from vegging to flowering
BUD MATURITY- this is for most indicas Starting the 3rd or 4th week of flowering tricomes will begin to develop along the surface of leafs, flowers, bracts, and stems at the same time more and more (calyxes) develop into densely packed floral clusters. the pistils of young flowers are bright white and turn reddish brown with age. the pistils and flowers develop from the bottom of the bud to the top. the older ,lower pistils are the first to turn reddish brown for most basic indicas this usually happens by the 6th week. it is about this time that the calyxes start to swell, swelling calyxes is a major indicator of peak maturity, the lowest most oldest calyxes swell first and swelling works its way up also you want about 90% of the calyxes to already started swelling they will al almost look seeded 3 qaurters to 90% of the pistils will have turned reddish brown also for basic indica's this go's well on into the7th week of flowering. by the end of the 8th most of the calyxes will have swollen and a surge of trichomes developing will coat most of the buds. it is now that the development of a very discerning palatecomes into play to determine the finest harvest time. remember patience is a virtue and often a discipline
I hope this helps anybody who still hasnt fully covered the flowering part lata

Latest posts

Back