Something to think about...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerplanter

Reaction score
So live your life so fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or sign of salute when passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Shawnee Chief Tecumseh. :)

That sounds a lot like Buddhist philosophy which is also about tolerance, love, and compassion.

Good post interesting for those who like to translate its own meaning be mighty strong for those who care to understand such deep thought that fuel flame of its utterance ;)

BWD

WeedHopper said:
Im an Athiest,,sounds like my Song.

I don't believe in religion either. I can't say I'm a full blown Athiest but my wife is.

The Hemp Goddess said:
That sounds a lot like Buddhist philosophy which is also about tolerance, love, and compassion.

It is very similar THG. I've been checking out Hinduism lately. My father was and still is sometimes a Baptist preacher, so I had that shoved down my throat for 18 years.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Good post interesting for those who like to translate its own meaning be mighty strong for those who care to understand such deep thought that fuel flame of its utterance ;)

BWD

Well said BWD. I hope your doing well. How'd that Northern Lights grow turn out for ya? I missed the end of that one. :)

powerplanter said:
Well said BWD. I hope your doing well. How'd that Northern Lights grow turn out for ya? I missed the end of that one. :)

Filled pouch mighty fine my friend ;) Glad to see yual made in from trails travelled to bring ya back to this one, glad yur safe and bring ya back warm ;)

BWD

Can we please steer away from religion? I love all you guys but some of us here (and more then just me) aren't big fans of bashing other peoples' religious/moral belief systems.

powerplanter said:
It is very similar THG. I've been checking out Hinduism lately. My father was and still is sometimes a Baptist preacher, so I had that shoved down my throat for 18 years.

It is amazing when we age and look back and realize how we were indoctrinated, even if by liberals, we were still indoctrinated. PP, You really had it too. My grandfather was a minister and i was raised in the methodist church, pretty liberal compared to yours.

The christian story doesn't work for me anymore. The christian story is a bizarre as all the others. I am in the progress of sorting out my beliefs from how I was taught, with love, to believe.

I love the quote PP, thanks.

Proud Atheist here as well. Raised Roman Catholic. Science is my Religion now. You can believe in whatever religion you want, just don't try and legislate it on the rest of us. Separation of church and state exists for a reason.

Rosebud said:
It is amazing when we age and look back and realize how we were indoctrinated, even if by liberals, we were still indoctrinated. PP, You really had it too. My grandfather was a minister and i was raised in the methodist church, pretty liberal compared to yours.

The christian story doesn't work for me anymore. The christian story is a bizarre as all the others. I am in the progress of sorting out my beliefs from how I was taught, with love, to believe.

I love the quote PP, thanks.

Your welcome Rose. My up bringing was pretty strict. For a long time my sisters were not aloud to wear pants of any kind. It doesn't work for me either. :)

Latest posts

Back