Spacing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
Would anyone say if these girls are to close together, should I give them a bit more space to branch out. Thanks!

IMGP0803.JPG

always better to allow more light to whole of plant but ifin its all the space ya got then its all the space yual can use ;) Good luck and yur plants look real nice and healthy pilgrem keep up the great job ;)

BWD

They are overcrowded, but the uneven canopy is more worrisome. You need to set the smaller plants on boxes or something to raise them up so the tops of the plants are all at the same height. Otherwise, the problem compounds itself. The smaller plant is getting less light so is going to grow slower. The larger plants are closer to the light and are getting more light. So it will get more and more shaded and grow slower and slower. If you have more room, move the plants apart, but don't overextend your light. You want to maintain a min of 3000 lumens per sq ft while in veg.

Hey thanks Backwoods! Just giving them lovins. I have a new light coming 4x8 once I get that up and give them some room I think they will be happy little campers

Thanks Hemp Goddess, did not even think about raising the little one up higher, great advice. Much appreciated!

They are looking happy and healthy....you're a good Mom (just don't tell them you're gonna' chop them down and light them on fire...:eek: )

Thanks all of you. Not to bad for the first grow. Cant wait to get these ones out into the flowering (just be patient), then taking the room and going to make it even better. Clean it up real good!

420NewbieRoyce said:
Thanks all of you. Not to bad for the first grow. Cant wait to get these ones out into the flowering (just be patient), then taking the room and going to make it even better. Clean it up real good!

Yup reckon yual hooked now partner ;) Have fun with it!

BWD

You should avoid reflective material on your floors. The leaves are not used to getting light on their undersides where the stomata are.

They are looking nice. However, I agree with stevetberry, get that reflective material off the floor and on the walls where it will do some good.

The Hemp Goddess said:
They are overcrowded, but the uneven canopy is more worrisome. You need to set the smaller plants on boxes or something to raise them up so the tops of the plants are all at the same height. Otherwise, the problem compounds itself. The smaller plant is getting less light so is going to grow slower. The larger plants are closer to the light and are getting more light. So it will get more and more shaded and grow slower and slower. If you have more room, move the plants apart, but don't overextend your light. You want to maintain a min of 3000 lumens per sq ft while in veg.

I have (28)girls between 11 and 15 in. Tall. Only 4 are the tall ones. It would be VERY hard to raise 24 plants, so I put the 4 taller ones against the small wall at the far end of the tent. Everyone appears lighted well at this point. Is this ok???

Also wondered if I had, have, a problem in the future w/ just a couple plants, could I just top them to equal level w/ others???

THANKS! :icon_smile:

Finally got the reflective stuff off the floor and set it up like this instead!!!! Hows it look!??

IMGP0864.JPG

The jagged edges of your leafs are curling slightly, it's either too hot or too humid. IMO

Latest posts

Back