Spider Mites Bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StickyIcky420

StickyIcky420
Reaction score
I have spider mites like crazy. Ive tried neem oil, and lady bugs. Just cant seem to get rid of them. Ive been reading and i was wondering if the 50/50 iso and H2O worked and if it would harm the plants, and also how often to spray the plants down? if you can help that would be really helpful im TIRED of these little shits!!!!! :eek:

Duuude, I've been posting for ideas myself. Neem only curbs them, lady bugs tend to fly to the light repeatedly and repeatedly. I've been sketched myself about the alcohol, I've been spraying the pots and soil surface but had no luck for the obvious reason that they live on the plant. I used Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance w/ some success and wished I had made the misture a little stronger. I used a 50/50 mix - I think 1 to 3 parts Zero would have been more effective and plan on retreated every two days. I read a thread about someone who took 6 weeks to fully rid the mites, w/ applications 2 times a week. Later in flowering so many plants can experience phytotoxicity when sprayed so beware but it's better than the alternative. Best of luck. I'll keep an eye out for ideas.

I have used the iso and water at 50/50, to get the nasty lil buggers under control, so I could kill the rest with a spray. I put the iso/water on a cotton ball and wiped the under side of the leaves gently...only had a few plants then and they were small. There is a link, in sick/plants/problems, I think that gives a recipe for garlic/hot sauce spray that will get rid of them...I have not tried that. I used "dont bug me" by fox farms, then hit them with another spray (had mostly the same as first one, but neem too). You have got to keep your area clean too. A bleach/water cleaning will kill the eggs....in grow area, not on PLants. The eggs will hatch when conditions are right, and lay dormat waiting.....

Good luck to you....I am sure you will have many replys, as the indoor side gets the mites pretty regular.

In my opinion it is easier to just scrap the grow and start over fresh. I swear those mites were created by the devil. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to kill EVERY single bug and egg in a good size grow. Even with just a couple small plants its hard to get rid of them.

Try the iso and water mix and if that doesnt work you might want to think about starting your grow over. Ive had mites on my last ten grows, Im on my first grow now without them and lovin it. I would say spray the iso mix about once a week but Im not professional.

I have used the iso/water method. Check your Iso some are already 50/50 with water but spray them down good. Till they are soaking, then do it again 15 minutes later. 3 days later I sprayed with a House and Garden Insect Spray from Walmart and so far they have not been seen. This was on last winters grow. I did this treatment twice in 2 weeks.

Wow Pc you must be one of the lucky few. Ive never talked to anybody that beat them so easily. Maybe there is hope.

I caught them early and the ISO must be a 50% iso and 50% water. Not a 50% water and a 50% iso/water mix or 70%..you know what I mean? and soak them good. mine were still in rockwool cubes and I sprayed them all over really well

I used 1 gallon of water to 1/2 cup of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of milk,mixed and sprayed all over and under and this not harmful to your babies at all,when the mix dries it smothers them and also coates the leaves and leaves no food for them to eat,and the milky residue will wash off,hope this helps! Adawg...

misc1 007.JPGbest I could do with the pic. Florakiller is the best I've used. 1 app lasts 4 weeks and usually takes care of them in 1 app...I didn't believe it either so I reapplied 1 week later and 3 days later I used the 50/50 iso/water. I haven't seen them since last summer. Good luck, stay on those demons!

Dip your babies in an AVID dip just before entering into veg. Be carefull. AVID is nasty ****. 8 drops in 5gal. wear gloves/eye protection, and well venelated. If you still have spiders after 1 week you can add a few drops into your water. Also WIPEOUT is all natural, and can be sprayed on your plants anytime without any problems. (smells fishy though). Last note....never use AVID while plants are in bloom.

Thanks for all the info, it does help but im wondering if the iso/h2o mixture will harm my plants, how often can i use it/spray it on my plants i would like to try this out first and see what happens but i dont want it to harm my plants at all

i have used the garlic powder/chilli powder mix and fix my bug problem in about 2 weeks because you had to apply it a few times

Avid worked for me after nothing else worked. Spray once and they are gone. I sprayed two times because I was desperate by that time. I sprayed in late flower and I am still fine after smoking it all myself. I now spray or dip plants early in veg and club bought clones before they go in my garden. One spray will last the plants through harvest. It also keeps the white flies away. I paid 100 for 8 ounces but you only use a couple of drops per gallon so it will last forever. Read all of the precautions on the bottle, there are alot and it is nasty stuff but does the job.

I just found this stuff which may interest you as well Greenlight's Rose Defense Spray: This is the best chemical for flowering plants. It's made from botanical oil extracted from the seed of the Neem tree. This chemical smothers the mites but is extra gentle on plant species. but icy cold water is an option along wth this stuff ! Good luck and let us know how you go ! Chemical YUCK !

ice freezing water will do the trick :p imagine how will it scare them ,. its coooooooooooolllllddd they will run , do it while holding ur hands on the pot and running around outside while spraying alot on it lol
to me if i have a big spider mite problem i will put my plant under the pool for 4 SECONDS but i dont rekon it :p i just tell u what ill do lol and then ill dry my plant soo fast and extend my harvest period for a day extra because of htis process

I use diatomaceous earth. It suffocates the breathing pores on the exosceleton of the bugs, they die. it isn't toxic, it isn't a chemical and it's cheap. It doesn't do anything to the eggs, but when the new round of mites hatch they suffocate too, so they don't reproduce. It's ground up silica, it's mined from the ocean i believe, or from where the ocean was prehistorically maybe. it's works on the pointy jumping flee looking sand bugs that live in dirt, if you have them too. Doesn't harm worms from what i gather.

SkunkPatronus said:
I use diatomaceous earth. It suffocates the breathing pores on the exosceleton of the bugs, they die. it isn't toxic, it isn't a chemical and it's cheap. It doesn't do anything to the eggs, but when the new round of mites hatch they suffocate too, so they don't reproduce. It's ground up silica, it's mined from the ocean i believe, or from where the ocean was prehistorically maybe. it's works on the pointy jumping flee looking sand bugs that live in dirt, if you have them too. Doesn't harm worms from what i gather.

DE is a fantastic product, it "slices 'n dices" ANY pest or beneficial with soft exoskeleton that it comes into contact with. What is your application method skunk'?
Brush it on the underside of leaves?..

Hick said:
DE is a fantastic product, it "slices 'n dices" ANY pest or beneficial with soft exoskeleton that it comes into contact with. What is your application method skunk'?
Brush it on the underside of leaves?..

yep, brush, sprinkle and brush, i use a salt shaker with some rice in it to help with the clumpyness of it; i once tried mixing it with water but it would come out of the sprayer i was using, like trying to shoot elmers out of a perfume bottle. It's not good on buds themselves i don't think, you aren't supposed to inhale silica, but there are a number of different kinds of silica and i think diatomaceuos earth is one of the harmless varieties; but i try to hit the plants when they aren't budding yet anyway.

Ever use that stuff made from carnations, the flee dip that's harmless to dogs and humans, kills most bugs and critters? pro-dip i think i used to call it, used it on my pot way back because there really wasn't a lot of stuff to use back then. It is also very effective and out of favour like the DE. Pyrethrin, that's it! i remember the smell vividly, it reeks!

Latest posts

Back