Spinosad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Sec

Reaction score
How late into flowering is it ok to use and would it make a difference if the plant was taken outside during rain during that time frame?

Outside or an indoor plant? That is inviting trouble. What kind of bugs do you have?

Last edited:
I have the same thoughts that Pute does. Taking an indoor plant outside is a recipe for disaster…

who wants to smoke Spinosad?

not me

safer soap maybe

spinosad is highly toxic to bees , please be careful

Spinosad is broken down rapidly by sunlight. In the presence of sunlight, half-lives on leaves are 2 to 16 days and less than one day in water. When applied to leaves, some spinosad can be absorbed. However, it does not readily spread from leaves to the rest of the plant. In the absence of sunlight, spinosad breaks down very slowly in water. Half-lives of more than 30 days to 259 days have been reported. However, it binds rapidly to sediment. The halflife in sediment, where no oxygen is available, ranges from 161 to 250 days.

I've been using Spinoside as a deterrent on my tomatoes and peppers. No bugs this year at all. Maybe it's just luck but it seems to work. Not sure what it would do once they were there.

What kind of bugs do you have on them? Maybe there is another way you can deal with them. I don’t bring my plants back in after they are outside as they can bring stuff in the tent that Ajax won’t take off. How far along in flower are you?

Started 12/12 on Jun 28nd.

Found a tiny web on a bud and what looks like a bug near it. I could see it in the pic but could not find it later after looking at the pic..
FvcXqnm.jpg

A Webb means a spider or Spider Mites. Let's hope it's just a Spider 🕷️

I do have some Misquito Bits coming too. Ive heard it makes a good soil drench "tea" but its very limited what larva it will kill. I have a rain barrel also. And my tap water is stupid high pH so i use mostly rain water unless i add the MorBloom. Its lowers pH quite a bit.

Big I seen where you said you have used Spinosad in past postings
Was that just during veg and early flower?

exactly

the critters i target do their dirty deeds early…Miller moths laying eggs are the No 1 target..no one likes trichome worms so we spray early and often , once a week until they start flowering

so by flower time most of the danger is gone so no need for insecticides , herbicides , fungicides during flower

maybe some spot spraying with Pyganic and or safer soap for aphids but that’s about it

aint That what you also do ?

I've been using Spinoside as a deterrent on my tomatoes and peppers. No bugs this year at all. Maybe it's just luck but it seems to work. Not sure what it would do once they were there.
I do and have for years used it to control Thrips in veg. Only bug I really have to deal with. Works great. 99% water.

don’t confuse Monterey Bt with Monterey Bt With Spinosad

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5533.jpeg

Latest posts

Back