State Trooper Injured After Falling 40 Feet From Helicopter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
He was supposed to rappel out of a helicopter and into a marijuana field.

Instead, something went wrong, and a state police trooper ended up falling 40 feet.

Kentucky State Police say the accident happened Tuesday afternoon in Bell County.

They say Trooper Cory Nokes was rappelling out of a helicopter, into a marijuana field, when his rappelling equipment malfunctioned.

He then fell 40 feet into the field.

Nokes suffered a broken leg and a dislocated ankle. He was flown to UK Hospital and underwent surgery.

Nokes is said to be in fair condition at the hospital. He's expected to come back to work after recovering.

The mission in Bell County continued despite Nokes' injury. Police ended up destroying nearly 200 marijuana plants.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/3wlolc

Nokes suffered a broken leg and a dislocated ankle. He was flown to UK Hospital and underwent surgery.

Nokes is said to be in fair condition at the hospital. He's expected to come back to work after recovering.

The mission in Bell County continued despite Nokes' injury. Police ended up destroying nearly 200 marijuana plants.

"one monkey don't stop the show"
and to think our tax dollars go to fund the training for this debacle.

Cool FB that was an underground piece too. I feel for him. They probably picked the rookie for the tumble. I hope he comes back and gets a serious promotion.

The Effen Gee said:
I hope he remembers to double check his gear before fast roping next time..

Scary stuff...hope he pulls out OK...

I do not hate cops..they are just mostly just doing their job.

agreed.....

tater...remember...... thou shall not judge less thou be judged.

Tater said:
Just doing your job doesn't justify what police do to some people. Thats an excuse and a lame one at that.
Some police, some people, but until you can say you personally know this officer in particular is a bad cop, I think these posts like "Oh I almost feel bad" are nothing short of heartless. My dad was a detective, NYPD, 23 years... He knows I smoke pot, and it's fine with him, but he knows how ridiculous the police are getting these days so all he tells me is to watch myself and be careful. He's always been the one telling me how ridiculous this war on drugs is, and that when he was a detective, weed wasn't an issue on his agenda. He worked everything from homicide to sex crimes, and yes, narcotics division... But in the time he was on the job it was all about major drug stings for thousands of kilos of coke or heroin, marijuana wasn't nearly the concern it is now to the police force in the 70's-80's, especially in a city that had a lot more going on.
Now on the other hand there's my uncle, a sargeant or lieutenant (I forget which), NYPD... And his attitude towards any race but white is that they don't deserve to live among us. He's a disgusting person, a terrible human being, and as you can imagine, a stereotypical racist part of the police force. My only point of sharing all of this, I don't think we should look at the police force as a whole, but consider that many officers don't agree with how things are being handled and have no way to control it. This is also coming from a person who's had speeding tickets as petty as 65 in a 55 tagged on laser, and received 7 tickets in a 12 month period. I dislike MANY cops out there, but they're not all the same.

Well said Tommy,
Alot of them are not the ones in control.
And as for the stereotypical guy-good thing he is not.

It was just an accident-could have happened anywhere.
I was at a Thunderbirds show with my Dad once. An Army Chopper was hovering and four guys rappeled from it.They all went down and landed.Nothing spectacular.Then one did'nt get up.
Then comes an ambulance and more Army guys.
We thought they were just demonstrating how they did medivac, but found out it was real-guy had broken leg-just landed wrong.

Gb

TommyBres said:
Some police, some people, but until you can say you personally know this officer in particular is a bad cop, I think these posts like "Oh I almost feel bad" are nothing short of heartless.

Get over it!!!

TommyBres said:
Some police, some people, but until you can say you personally know this officer in particular is a bad cop, I think these posts like "Oh I almost feel bad" are nothing short of heartless.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I do "Almost feel bad.." LOL

TommyBres said:
My only point of sharing all of this, I don't think we should look at the police force as a whole, but consider that many officers don't agree with how things are being handled and have no way to control it.

I'll remember that when if I have cuffs on for growing a couple of my own plants. If the cop's aren't to blame than they are just the messenger boy's, and we all know just how much the messenger boys are liked. You almost tugged on my heart strings...almost.

Latest posts

Back