stretching flowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninja farmer

homegrown hay
Reaction score
Yeah I have a girl stretching a lot more than I anticipated. She;s in the third week of flowering and I was wondering if I could tie her down and if this would effect her flowering. Thanks for any info!

BEND ER OVER, THE LADIES LOVE IT! :rofl:

YEAH, just pull her over as much as you can without causing any of the fibrous exterior of stem to become frayed or damaged looking and w/out snapping it. With a one off JackFrost i had a cpl yrs ago, she kept stretchin on me so I took the top bent her over and tied her to herself, giving me a more space eficient light footprint, if u will.

Peace - Love - Eggnog

7greeneyes :D

ya just tie it gently bending it make sure the light is getting to it well, that stretch might soon be over, good luck :)

Bend them ladies over GENTLY and they will be all right. Like Zem said the stretching should be over

ozzydiodude said:
Bend them ladies over GENTLY and they will be all right. Like Zem said the stretching should be over

mY JF stretched for a good 3-4 weeks under my 1kwhps. I had two mystery hazes in the same room with the JAckFrost and they stretched a good month+ into bloom...IME. :)

Or pinch hard and set them at 90 degrees.

leafminer said:
Or pinch hard and set them at 90 degrees.

:yeahthat:.. on more than one occasion, I have simply .."snapped her neck". ;).. just snap it right over, breaking the meristem. It usually will heal and remain horizontal. Allowing full exposure to the light and produces quite well.

Hick said:
:yeahthat:.. on more than one occasion, I have simply .."snapped her neck". ;).. just snap it right over, breaking the meristem. It usually will heal and remain horizontal. Allowing full exposure to the light and produces quite well.

REALLY???? that's very interesting Hick, never thought about that but mayhaps try it with the Snow's

I take wire crimpers to mine...i squash the neck..stops vert grow for a few, but you keep main cola..plant will look like it got three main cols instead of 2 like topping. Snapping or crushing both do about the same :) I started doin the pliers/wire crimpers thing becuase i had a tnedancy to over "snap" and basically topped it.

I broke the necks on a sat dom that I grew 2 grows ago, that I got out of a really good bag (didn't know what it was) It ended up being so much taller than everything else, that I had no choice, it was either snap the stems, or pull it out all together. It would have been a good 2 ft taller than everything else.

Latest posts

Back