supports for tall plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guerillaweedfare

Reaction score
Just checked on my girls last night and :holysheep: they are tall. I went at night so I couldn't get a decent picture worth posting. I'm guessing the tallest one is about 10 feet high. I'm 6' 4" and even standing on my toes i cannot reach the top of the plant.

Now my question is how the hell and I going to support these things? They seem really strong but with all the severe thunderstorms we get in my neck of the woods I'm worried that once buds start weighing her down she might break her main stock.

I decided to try letting all my plants grow untrained this year and found a much better spot but I was not expecting this. My Satori's are the biggest by far. They stretched at first but once they got taller they started to fill out nicely.

If you have any experience with very tall girls in the past please let me know because I need some serious help. They are just showing sex too so I can't imagine how much bigger they are going to get.

My tall girls I pound a stake into the ground and bend her over and tie her up.

I was thinking of doing something like that. It's just that I'm going to need some seriously big stakes because I feel like if I tie them off in the middle the tops might crack off during heavy winds and rain.

I wish I had planned this out more and hadn't cleared out so many small trees in the area...I bet they would have made some good supports

"bend her over and tie her up."

Yual be spyin on the wife and me gain aint ya?

BWD

if I tie them off in the middle the tops might crack off during heavy winds and rain.

Tie the top, Then Take the top and bend her over as far as she will go then tie this to the ground.

3---10' 3/4" electrical metal, ridged, conduit, pipe stakes per plant in the shape of a t-pee with zip ties---you can make the longer if need be but will be fine just bending them over

let's see some pictures---:woohoo:

BackWoodsDrifter said:
"bend her over and tie her up."

Yual be spyin on the wife and me gain aint ya?

BWD

:rofl:

I use 1/2" rebar..I also set up hoop houses and use string to aid the support

I do the same as orange sunshine but I like to use pvc I know it bends some but it works great just get some 90s. 45s. And some Ts and you can configure it to any configuration you need. I do this on my inside grow as well.

So when you tie these plants you put the string around the stock ?? this won't chafe the stock and damage it .

Happy Hooker said:
So when you tie these plants you put the string around the stock ?? this won't chafe the stock and damage it .

I use that green tie/tape looking stuff that you can buy at WallyWorld

Latest posts

Back