T5s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pack em in and use "soft whites" more of the yellow spectrum. More light the better. ;)

(your goal is at least 3K lumens per sq. ft. AT LEAST)

Are they as good as they claim to be? my grow space is about 2x2 and about 3.5 tall. I have a 2ft, 2 bulb t5 and two 2ft, 2 bulb normal fixtures (with gro bulbs) along with a couple of CFL (27 watt I think) for spots. If I have done my math correctly, that should be around 10k lumens. That should be plenty for my space, right?

booradley said:
Are they as good as they claim to be? my grow space is about 2x2 and about 3.5 tall. I have a 2ft, 2 bulb t5 and two 2ft, 2 bulb normal fixtures (with gro bulbs) along with a couple of CFL (27 watt I think) for spots. If I have done my math correctly, that should be around 10k lumens. That should be plenty for my space, right?

Your still just short if its 10k lumens... 2x2= 4 sq ft.... 4x3000= 12,000....

T5s are the best... But not everyone will say that. I have been harvesting bud early due to the heat, but they are dense and dank. Lots and lots of trichomes on the buds. I can go on and on about how good they are, but you already know.

I love to grow a lot of shorter plants with them rather than a few large plants. Have fun with them and www.htgsupply.com has the best deals around for them.

Oh, there are a few pics in my journal in my signature of T5s at work.

RatherBBurnin said:
Your still just short if its 10k lumens... 2x2= 4 sq ft.... 4x3000= 12,000....

Duh. So I am... Me no like math :D

Well ,I just ordered a 4-bulb t-5 fixture. Have to replace one of the other fixtures. But even still that will put me well over the top!

Latest posts

Back