temp ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiseguy_Chef

Junior Greenthumb
Reaction score
all right its a little eary for me to be asking this but, what the heck its ben bugging me for a wile.........
i am on my first indoor grow. i live in the usa so its winter now. the part of the usa i live in, well lets say, june-july temps are 100+ daily, an very very, did i say very, dry. we only see, 10-13in's of rain a year in my town. so my ? is, would a plant be able to survie at extream temps like that? or would i just be limited to afgan, or afraican strains? as they come from places like this.

some strains do better then others..I tried outdoors last summer..and It aint 4me..lol..but I live in Seattle so the temps dont reach what they do 4U..but the rain here is what i was battleing..and then the mold..Im staying indoors now where i can control the enviorment..good luck to you and KEEP M GREEN

You could probably grow almost anything.The problem with any kind of strain is going to be water.You better be prepared to water once a week if not more.

Where I live is is hotter than heck most of the time.. It was 80 2 days ago, this morning it was 35??? When I tried to grow outside with the crazy weather where I live, it was more trouble than it was worth for the size grow I can get away with(small)!!! In the summer it is so stinkin hot and sun constant here that I was watering daily... Good luck to ya, I would go closet!!!!:afroweed:

yeah i am a cloest grower, i just wanted to take atvantive of my high amount of sunlight, looks like no one lives in the desert so i will stick to indoors.

Hey Chef What I did when I used to grow outdoors. I lived in a hot climate as well. I wouldn't put my plants outside until Aug and would harvest them in late Nov. or early Dec. Some of the plants would die from the heat but if you could planted close by you could mist the leaves to help them cool off. It worked for me.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
yeah i am a cloest grower, i just wanted to take atvantive of my high amount of sunlight, looks like no one lives in the desert so i will stick to indoors.

they will grow into trees in your environment, with proper enriched soil and nutrients. :hubba:

100 + is nothing to worry about. I see temps up to 45C. That's 116F if you're too stoned to calculate it. Just give lots of water. Outdoors with plenty of ferts and that kind of sunshine, you can see them growing... almost.

I agree with leaf miner, My dad grew 10 outdoor plants and at one stage it was 38+degress for 16 days Straight stop trippin :p

thats 100.5 F Or higher for 16 days straight, Unless your gonna get 16 days of 116 F without a break then i think theyll be fine

well i am think i am going to do it with my haze seeds. they are about 2 feet, indoors after a month. would love to see what i could do with them outdoors lol. maybe even go on a backpacking trip this spring an thow out the seeds. i know some places high in the mountins that reseive plenty of rain an just letem grow, see what happens.

Haze should do really great if it gets enough water.
The main problem with unattended grows is water, I think.
"some places high in the mountains" LOL .... might find a couple of fields of skunk n some mean lookin dude with a 12-bore, or some white lightnin'! Which once was one of my activities, LOL...

well where i go on my pack in trips i use 4 goats as pack goats an i hike about 50 miles away from anyrode. when harvest time comes, i will hike in, chopem down, an ride a mule out at night. (mules can see at night, an will take me out of the woods.) gotta love jack-asses

I don't live in the desert, but close enough. No problems at all and Hick's advice is perfect. I have crappy clay and shale soil and importing good soil is PARAMOUNT for me. Also you might be watering more than once a week. More like once every three days! That kind of heat/humidity (or lack there of) will take it's toll on the water and if you are not on it, will torch your plants pretty quick too. I have also shaded my plants during the most intense 2 hours of the day before, but I can't suggest it made an enormous amount of difference. Be ready for commitment because that environement is (normally) very unforgiving. A drip system might be advantagious. Something about the fierceness of prolonged f100+ weather though..... Maybe it's just reward for all the work in the heat but to my mind it sure puts out some powerful smoke:cool: The highest I can remember here was f115. f110 is pretty normal. There's ALOT of bud that comes from north of me and temps there can be 5 or more degrees hotter still...

Wiseguy_Chef said:
well where i go on my pack in trips i use 4 goats as pack goats an i hike about 50 miles away from anyrode. when harvest time comes, i will hike in, chopem down, an ride a mule out at night. (mules can see at night, an will take me out of the woods.) gotta love jack-asses

hahaha ***

Latest posts

Back