temperature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi
im kitting out a garage at the minute for a hydro grow,im going to be using myler reflective sheets around the garage...

ive heard that like myler reflective sheets,theres also a really thick type myler you can buy,to keep the temperature under wraps in the garage from the police helicopter

does anyone know what this stuff is called as i could do with some to put on the roof of my garage inside ?

thanks all

Thermal lining. Most Hydro stores have it online, ebay etc.

PS, I was shopping around yesterday and saw a thermal radar gun you can buy for 6k that I guess you take outside your house, point and click.

nouvellechef said:
Thermal lining. Most Hydro stores have it online, ebay etc.

PS, I was shopping around yesterday and saw a thermal radar gun you can buy for 6k that I guess you take outside your house, point and click.

hi m8
thanks for the reply,the thermol lining is only thin sheets,the ones ive been told about are about 1 - 2 inches thick & it has some sort of fibre glass in the middle with foil on the outsides if this can help anyone ?

thanks all

Well, I am sure they come in diff thickness. I would scrap the 100's you will pay in thermal lining and put it towards CO2, AC, etc. making your grow fully enclosed, keeping heat down with AC and not telling anyone, would be better than putting a bunch of lining up.

nouvellechef said:
Well, I am sure they come in diff thickness. I would scrap the 100's you will pay in thermal lining and put it towards CO2, AC, etc. making your grow fully enclosed, keeping heat down with AC and not telling anyone, would be better than putting a bunch of lining up.

hi again nouvellechef
can you tell me more about the CO2,AC etc.. & what they are,as im new to all this & if its going to keep my heat down in the garage then im listening ?

thanks m8

also forgot to mention im growing in a large grow tent,inside the garage,& the aim is to keep the temperature down so the police helicopter cant detect the heat

Well if its just a small tent, then I would prob just run fan for fresh air, have another fan exhausting and another fan that sucks the heat outta your hood. If done right, your temps wont be much higher than your home. Only difference is, lots of fans make noise, but if your only worried about heat, from a small tent? Nah, I wouldnt worry. If temps get high outside, put a AC in there and get a small CO2 tank, regulator and monitor.

Hello Babymonkey-

I think the question to be asked right now is how many lights and what wattage do you plan to run?

Unless you plan on making the entire garage the grow area, you are wasting money putting up foil wrapped fiberglass panels for insulation. Some basic insulation would be all you need.

I agree...even if you went with 1000w in your tent, it won't be noticed from the air

Could a person grow enough in a tent to warrant the cost of an aircraft, thermal sig equipment, the swat team, the narco squad, the DA, the governor and the Grand Poobah?

I could be waaay off about this and will post from prison if I am and tell all of you, but I keep saying it just isn't worth the expense in such hard times with lean LEO budgets to pop the 3 or 4 plant grower. You go commercial, you're gonna go down due to words not heat signatures anyway. The headlines just aren't there for small busts anymore, and headlines equal budget increases so LEO can purchase aircraft and heat sig equipment and bullets for the hit squad and...

thanks everyone that have replied,all the info will be taken on board

thanks all

Latest posts

Back