tent question ?

Bhappy324

love ,peace , never cease
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a fairly reasonably priced tent off of Amazon ??? All the reviews I have read about aren't that great. I only want a 4x4 and at least 5 feet tall ?

HighBrixMMJ

Reaction score
I have the Apollo, 4x4, it's a great tent for the money, secret jardins are nice but a little more expensive. I don't own one but a friend of mine has the 4x8 dr240. Both good choices.

Bhappy324

Reaction score
Ok that you both ! I don't quite have the ching for the guerrilla tents yet but I'm hoping to work my way to that !! I read a lot of the reviews and some of the cheaper tents leak light which isn't exactly that big of a deal to me but the light coming in during the dark cycle would be!

Bhappy324

Reaction score
If I go through 4'x4'x 80" how many plants would be able to grow at a time ? Assuming the plants are generally uniform

Hackerman

Reaction score
My room is 4x4 and I have grown as few as 2 and as many as 42 in a single crop. I usually do 16.

I use 2 gallon pots and put them 4x4. 4 to 6 plants is probably a much easier number.

All in all, no matter how many plants I had, the yield was about the same.

Bhappy324

Reaction score
So if I am just going to grow for person use and already have the 600w ballast and hps/mh bulbs would a 4x4 tent be overkill? should I go down one size to allow more lumens per square foot??

Hackerman

Reaction score
I think 4x4 is a perfect size. I used a 400w in there for years until I stepped up to the variable that I have now. For me, a 4x4 room always seemed to yield about 1 pound per harvest.

Reaction score
I really wouldn't go down a size. While most of us find that we like more than 5000 lumens per sq ft, you can grow just fine with that amount of light. I find that people generally find that they want to go bigger rather than smaller after they get into this.

HighBrixMMJ

Reaction score
Yeah what THG said, andas well keep your plant numbers low, IMO less pots=less oil, water and nutes.. which means less $$$ per gram. I can comfortably put 4 plants in my tent and have plenty of room to work with the plants and allow sufficient air flow, and light to penetrate to the lower buds. I have recently been scrogging 2 planys and creating a nice full canopy and trimming anything underneath as it really gets no light down there and just staels energy and nutes from the colas. I end up with approximately 8 ounces off of that method and keeps my cost low. The downside is I have to veg a little longer to train my plants and fill the trellis netting. Hope this helps.

Bhappy324

Reaction score
This helps immensely thank you all very much

techrons78

Reaction score
I really wouldn't go down a size. While most of us find that we like more than 5000 lumens per sq ft, you can grow just fine with that amount of light. I find that people generally find that they want to go bigger rather than smaller after they get into this.
Same goes tattoos..lol