tga/subcool strain choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up sub...I was going to go with your Pandora's box but I think I might go with JC2 now...I definitely will want to grow it out before it gets warm out again and the temps in my tent get on the high side...

Mutt said:
Subcool, you just gained props with me by addressing this. The reason some of us older growers get our undies in a wad is that...many med growers depend on breeders to work and test the strain. hermies can and will devastate a run quick and painfully. I understand that maybe that particular pheno is what certain medical peeps need. But upon the actual selling description that should be stated clearly that even the mother that created this pheno is easily stressed to hermie...which says that any stress will bring the obvious trait out.

What sent me back was that they are getting sold off and the only way take for example "justanotherantmarching" the only way he found out was after the fact in a PM. Info like this should be clearly stated prior to purchase.

Advanced growing means that it will be fert picky or extra long flower times. Not easily prone to hermie. Also many local medical growers will use base seed bank bought stock to work with and outcross to work with there particular patients. Without knowledge of this hermie tendency it can really bite them in the rear and trash years of there own work down the road.

Thanks for chiming in subcool and giving everyone the info on the strain.

Long before a strain is released we document the test grows and I spell out everything with pictures and arrows and color glossy photo's as Arlo would say. This is very old news to most that follow my work and a reason JC2 has a narrow following I have had to many growers run her with zero problems a ratio so huge I am confident in the cross as it stands.

Sub

Good to meet you sub. Since your here. I'm having trouble chosing between Vortex and Jilly Bean. Any personal insight?

Also, this will be my first time ordering seeds. Needless to say I have been trawling attitude and your seeds are the only ones that interested me at all. So thanks I guess.

td

so sub are you saying that once you find the keeper, that this one can take stress, or are you haveing to constantly walk on eggshells with her? I too am glad that you showed up to clear the air, and I guess if people are willing to take the risk with her, then thats their business.

I do have to agree with Mutt on letting people know this info though, I have heard nothing about it until JAAM posted it here, and quite frankly, I was disapointed, because I was very close to makeing an order. So this is not common knowledge, nothing in your book about JC2 says anything about this "pickyness", In fact here is a quote from your book pg 96 about the genetics, I guess I find this a little misleading, especially the last sentence.

" I created "The Duece" using the F1 Jacks Cleaner mother and our Jack the Ripper (JTR) male that we used to create The Third Dimension. The goal with this cross is to replicate the traits of the mother we like, while eliminateing the traits we don't want. We knew that the JTR male added a lemon flavor to the Apollo-13 in the Third Dimension cross as well as a more sativa dominance and these are absolutely the traits we wanted to lock down. We also knew that the Third Dimension does not show any indication of hermaphroditism so the JTR male would not pass this trait to "the Duece".

There is also nothing in the book about the mother haveing hermi traits. You state in your book that "many now consider her the holy grail of cannabis." I don't get how a plant that produces herm's could ever come close to "the holy grail", I don't care how good she smokes. So since I can find nothing in your book about these herm traits I'm wondering where one finds the arrows with these pretty glossy pictures that you speak of.

I guess I'm still confused..your right you could point out many other strains out there that have these characteristics...way too many...that doesn't make it right. But I guess advertising that a strain has hermi tendencies doesn't sell seeds either, does it? Really if it is that good, why not put the extra time and effort into it to stabalize it? I'm not a breeder, so I'm not knocking your work either...I just don't understand.

I have this mental image of someone with nerve damage trying to clean the seeds out of their buds....and it isn't a pretty picture.

legalize_freedom said:
so sub are you saying that once you find the keeper, that this one can take stress, or are you haveing to constantly walk on eggshells with her? I too am glad that you showed up to clear the air, and I guess if people are willing to take the risk with her, then thats their business.

I do have to agree with Mutt on letting people know this info though, I have heard nothing about it until JAAM posted it here, and quite frankly, I was disapointed, because I was very close to makeing an order. So this is not common knowledge, nothing in your book about JC2 says anything about this "pickyness", In fact here is a quote from your book pg 96 about the genetics, I guess I find this a little misleading, especially the last sentence.

" I created "The Duece" using the F1 Jacks Cleaner mother and our Jack the Ripper (JTR) male that we used to create The Third Dimension. The goal with this cross is to replicate the traits of the mother we like, while eliminateing the traits we don't want. We knew that the JTR male added a lemon flavor to the Apollo-13 in the Third Dimension cross as well as a more sativa dominance and these are absolutely the traits we wanted to lock down. We also knew that the Third Dimension does not show any indication of hermaphroditism so the JTR male would not pass this trait to "the Duece".

There is also nothing in the book about the mother haveing hermi traits. You state in your book that "many now consider her the holy grail of cannabis." I don't get how a plant that produces herm's could ever come close to "the holy grail", I don't care how good she smokes. So since I can find nothing in your book about these herm traits I'm wondering where one finds the arrows with these pretty glossy pictures that you speak of.

I guess I'm still confused..your right you could point out many other strains out there that have these characteristics...way too many...that doesn't make it right. But I guess advertising that a strain has hermi tendencies doesn't sell seeds either, does it? Really if it is that good, why not put the extra time and effort into it to stabalize it? I'm not a breeder, so I'm not knocking your work either...I just don't understand.

I have this mental image of someone with nerve damage trying to clean the seeds out of their buds....and it isn't a pretty picture.

Ive kinda said all I am going to say I know at least a dozen growers that feel there JC2 clone is the best pot they have ever grown and there caregivers who take care of sick people.

The dominate state of all Cannabis is hermaphroditic its just a fact of our favorite plant it says so in the books and so does my 35 years of growing from seed.

As far as putting in the time I did 13 years of growing work and 3 prison sentences to put this hard to find clone in seed form. I have been working with this one clone for almost a decade now starting over multiple times while others used the strains created along the way to form entire seed companies.
I am extremely happy with JC2 as it stands if you havnt read enough great things about my work then simply choose another breeder please.

Sub

iamtd said:
Good to meet you sub. Since your here. I'm having trouble chosing between Vortex and Jilly Bean. Any personal insight?

Also, this will be my first time ordering seeds. Needless to say I have been trawling attitude and your seeds are the only ones that interested me at all. So thanks I guess.

td

Man lots of places carry my gear these days
Attitude, Hempdepot, Bizbay, Cannaseur, Harborside, Bluesky, about 50 clubs in CO and the Attitude.
Bizbay is the cheapest place to grab our gear.

Sub

loolagigi said:
hello, i grow in a 3x3x5 cabinet powered by 1 400 hps. i want to buy a strain from tga, but as i want potency, i also want a decent yield due to the fact i grow dwc, and can only fit 2 max plants in there, preferably one plant with lots of topping, and super cropping. finish time is not a issue, i just am looking for 1 strain that stays bushy with training, and has nice potency and yeild. never grew any of his strains but boy do i want to. thanks again, and happy new year to all.
back to the origional post!

Hey Subcool, after reading my post I realize how rude it sounded...I honestly didn't mean for it to come across as that.

I'm not a breeder, and don't quite understand all the work that goes into stabalizing a strain...so like I said I don't want to knock your work, and didn't mean to come across as judging you either. (although after reading it, I can see how that could be concieved) You offer alot of west coast clone only genetics, that people like me don't have access to (great lakes) so it's not a matter of choosing another breeder for me, but narrowing down which on I want. I just had JC2 on my short list, and I'm just not wanting to compromise the rest of my grow, I'm sure you can understand that. I'm just glad I happened to see this thread, or I'm afraid I would have found out the hard way...that is what I was trying to say in my original post. I geuss I need to scower breedbay. Thanks for the reply. Again, sorry if that came across as rude.

Hehe, man this thread just went all kinds of loopy wierd:rolleyes:

Qman is a member of this forum and a personal friend of mine. He just wrapped up a grow of Sub's querkle in Sub's super soil recipe. After sampling this I can honestly say that I now know what all the hoopla is about. What a fantastic top notch combo! It would seriously blow the doors off of at least 90% of anything top shelf in any of the clubs up here in NorCal. At least. Grade "A" all the way. The point of this is if y'all are having misgivings about it, then hang the JC2, seriously. Subs got a whole pocket full of equally interesting genetics waiting to be explored.

Loolagigi- I think the real challenge would be to find a TGA line that wasn't potent. I would have to defer as far as yield is concerned, but my guess about that would be quality over quantity. I would personally be more worried about finding something with a controlled stretch. Either way, my bet is you can't go wrong! Good luck man.

JAAM- Sheesh man, remind me to never PM you!! lol :confused: For future reference, PM's generally mean "private message". Emphasis on 'private' ;)

JAAM- Sheesh man, remind me to never PM you!! lol For future reference, PM's generally mean "private message". Emphasis on 'private'
..but it was/is "IMO".. crucial. "relevant" and important information that either should have been included in the description or at the "very" least, presented to/for ANYONE buying the seeds.
I say that without knowing exactly what information or description is provided.
She is picky hates stress and can u need to find the best repersentation of my f1 that has no nanas which is not hard I did so again in a 10 pack
I believe, is very "relevant" ...

Hick said:
Here ya go :) Just FYI

Cannabis strain guide for JC2 said:
If you follow my work at all you know JC is my favorite breeding mom. I can use her to test males or increase the potency of any strain. I truly feel it’s the most dominant strain I have ever worked with. She is also the most potent plant I have ever worked with, with no ceiling when it comes to high. We have used back crossing with the f1 to recreate her in seed form. Test grows and severe stress shows the new cross to be stable and extremely potent, a soaring 8-9 week Sativa Haze Also used for breeding work as males are JC dominant.

hmmmmm...now I don't know what to think...that is definately misleading Mutt! Also coincides with what I found in the book "Dank"...no reference to herms. Thus the reason for my original question, where does one find these arrows and glossy pics that Sub spoke of in an earlier post to this being well documented...from his response, I guess it's up to us to look through old GJ in breedbay...seems like it would be alot easier to clearly state vital info like that on the description at the distributors site.

Hick said:
..but it was/is "IMO".. crucial. "relevant" and important information that either should have been included in the description or at the "very" least, presented to/for ANYONE buying the seeds.

I believe, is very "relevant" ...

True that Hick, but yes/no/maybe, it's still not a practice looked kindly upon by most and best just to avoid it if possible (unless blessing has been provided by the source) as to not develope an atmosphere of sharing pm's in open forum where it could be viewed as cool or ok. I know, I'm just one dude, but it still gives me an uneasy feeling. Just my honest opinion....

On an other note, this thread has been very informative..:cool2:

nvthis said:
True that Hick, but yes/no/maybe, it's still not a practice looked kindly upon by most and best just to avoid it if possible (unless blessing has been provided by the source) as to not develope an atmosphere of sharing pm's in open forum where it could be viewed as cool or ok. I know, I'm just one dude, but it still gives me an uneasy feeling. Just my honest opinion....

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly that sharing PMs on the public side is very frowned upon...but when others money is involved esp. $75 per pack of ten and the person is/was a customer. And the post was not disputed by the sender, then it is a moot point. That is very relevant info to that particular strain that is being sold on a mass scale. I agree that question should have been asked in a thread and a PM sent to subcool requesting a response would have been a much better way to handle it (would have the answer been the same tho?). But I am sure that he was not expecting to see the reply he got and felt slighted at that moment. I probably would have done the same thing....after a PM back making sure that I did not mis-interpret the original PM response.

Mutt said:
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly that sharing PMs on the public side is very frowned upon...but when others money is involved esp. $75 per pack of ten and the person is/was a customer. And the post was not disputed by the sender, then it is a moot point. That is very relevant info to that particular strain that is being sold on a mass scale. I agree that question should have been asked in a thread and a PM sent to subcool requesting a response would have been a much better way to handle it (would have the answer been the same tho?). But I am sure that he was not expecting to see the reply he got and felt slighted at that moment. I probably would have done the same thing....after a PM back making sure that I did not mis-interpret the original PM response.

Hehe! man, some mind boggling social protocols goin' on in there. I hear ya bro. The money definitely complicates things. If I have my money tied up someplace, I would do whatever I felt necessary to protect myself and my investments. Gets a bit sticky though through pm's. Especially with the whole accepted but difficult to separate or see the difference in "quoting" a pm or a simple cut & paste job.... Hmm. All to glad to be a rule breaker and not a rule maker!:D

nvthis said:

and I agree. It could have, possibly should have been handled differently. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back