tga/subcool strain choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
hello, i grow in a 3x3x5 cabinet powered by 1 400 hps. i want to buy a strain from tga, but as i want potency, i also want a decent yield due to the fact i grow dwc, and can only fit 2 max plants in there, preferably one plant with lots of topping, and super cropping. finish time is not a issue, i just am looking for 1 strain that stays bushy with training, and has nice potency and yeild. never grew any of his strains but boy do i want to. thanks again, and happy new year to all.

I can't speak on yield or potency since I hve not grown any of subs strains but his Pandoras Box is on my short list for next grow...I hope you put up a GJ when you find a strain of his to grow...I will pull up a chair for sure...

check this out, I have never grown it but if i were to choose this would be the one for sure.

Chernobyl
Trainwreck X Trinity X Jack the Ripper

When I came out west I started on a Quest for the best Trainwreck cutting I could find. I was not impressed with the Arcata cutting as it was to tall to slow and to bi-sexual for my taste. I had written off this legendary strain until I came across an amazing plant discovered by Smokescreen. Found inside a bag of Dank of the few seeds found one female exhibited all the traits of the famous wreck without producing a single male stamen even late into budding. The complex late coloring is a thing of beauty and the potency of this mother is epic. Extremly potent smoking just a few bowls is an adventure in repertory failure and flat lining your brain waves. We decided to combine this incredible female with the genetics of Jack the Ripper.

Indoor flowering 65 days

this is from hemp depot

OMG how can you go wrong with train wreck and jack the ripper?

smoky anda bandit said:
OMG how can you go wrong with train wreck?

all the traits of the famous wreck without producing a single male stamen even late into budding

every grow except the occasional lucky one like subcool got had that nasty habit of popping naners. I hope he did some mild light stressing to make real sure the trainwreck didn't show itself. Heard a many say "trainwreck....yep it was a wreck alright" just ask Hick about his full scale wreck :p

Im currently growing Qleaner(just broke ground a few days back)... Its Jacks Cleaner f1 x Purple Urkle x Space Queen.... 60-70 days for flowering... it also says yeild is medium to heavy...

I originally PM'd Sub about this strain and Jacks Cleaner 2... He said the JC2 is very picky and you will need to find the one that doesnt herm and keep it... He also said that the Qleaner was the best strain he had goin at the minute...

Heres a couple pics of the Qleaner....

subcool-qleaner-cannabis-seeds4.jpg

qleaner-cannabis-seeds2-1.jpg

subcool-qleaner-cannabis-seeds1-1.jpg

subcool-qleaner-marijuana-seeds3-1.jpg

He said the JC2 is very picky and you will need to find the one that doesnt herm and keep it

isnt that his job? So he admits that he is sending out herm stock? hmmmmmmm
listen I ain't bashing the guy...but if flip down money I expect it to be stable and NOT herm.
I understand any MJ plant under enough stress will herm. but to have it "picky" as he calls it says he knows that it is easily prone to hermie. Which to me by selling them he is polluting the gene pool.

Mutt I was pretty bummed when he told me that the JC2 was a picky strain... I agree that it sucks... and i have put those in the bank for a later date... Im gona keep my fingers crossed the the Qleaner wont be picky and that i can isolate a purple pheno lady....

I must say I think it is crap to! I will say that at least he admitted to it, rather than let you find out for yourself...I know I just scratched JC2 off my list, now it makes me wonder what other of his strains will do this...I was going to order some gear from him to...now I'm scared to. Hopefully he will see this thread and give us some info and reasoning on this.

I do think it is to be commended that he admitted to it, cause we all know that alot of these breeders are chucking them out without offering this info. I know that he uses C99 genetics, and closely related genetics, and this strain is known for NOT hermi'ing even under extreme stress...so I guess I would go with one of his strains that has these genes in them. Man...after reading that...it really bums me out about the hermi thing...I'm really not sure I want to grow out any of this stuff now...and I been drooling over some of it since I got his book, and been looking forward to growing some out. I hope he responds to this thread!

Hey guys... Heres the reply that Sub sent me to the PM... His comments are in italics...

Originally Posted by JustAnotherAntMarching
Hey Sub Congrats on your covers, write ups and amazing strains... They all seem A+...

Ive been really eyeballin that Qleaner and would love if you could give me just a few minutes time and share some first hand info on the strain...?

It says it flowers in 60-70 days..? is that accurate?

The majority of the female variations deff fall in that time frame the one unusual fem we nicked lance Armstrong that is on the cover of WCC was really hazy and went 9 weeks but she was really worth the extra time you will find with c02 most females finishing just after 8 weeks

How is the yield per sq/meter?

No clue bro we dont weigh things in the med scene BUT my boys down south report its a fast grower big *** thick buds and I would say top the strain as my buds were so big I had a small amount of bud rot about 6" below the crown due to the density of the cola.

How rare is that purple/white pheno, the plant the sellers have pics posted of? Will i find 1 out of 20? or will colder temps cause the color more?

Everyone I know reported a purple shade in a single pack of ten

I also currently have some of your Jacks Cleaner 2... Anything special to keep an eye out for with that beauty?

She is picky hates stress and can u need to find the best repersentation of my f1 that has no nanas which is not hard I did so again in a 10 pack
Sub

She is picky hates stress and can u need to find the best repersentation of my f1 that has no nanas which is not hard I did so again in a 10 pack
nuff said for me.....
I did so again in a 10 pack
what about a pack of 20 or 30 or 40?
that is not a true test...i'm sorry in the begining when he first came about I was very intrigued with his gear....but wait watch and you'll see....the truth.

f1 that has no nanas
no you won't...they ussually show there ugly heads in F2 and F3. They shoulda been run down past F3 before releasing with mild stress testing along the way. Just my 2 cents worth.
I'll leave this thread alone now as I don't want to step on any toes..

... wait a minute!.... we have now stooped to admitting propogating "known" hermie genetics....AND selling them for good money??? :doh:
Expecting the grower to weed through a batch of seeds for SINGLE pheno that does NOT hemie... :huh:
and people are actually gullible enough to "PAY" for them..
WHAT AM I NOT GETTING???

....wait.... f1....??? :confused2:....

Hick Unfortunately i purchased the JC2 before i asked Sub about it... I agree it sucks!! And that is def the main reason that i put them on the back burner... I cant take the risk of putting these into my grow and ruin everything else ive been working soooo hard on...

I just wanted to show everyone the PM so they didnt think i was lying about what he said or spreading false rumors... All those words were either Sub's or whoever monitors his account so...? I do still have the PM saved...

No one monitors my account
JC2 is loved and cherished my many as the most potent cannabis you can find that is why its still around. If you waiting to grow JC2 because of a small percentage of herm traits I can give you a list of 100 strains that perform much worse. Its is amazing medicine that works wonders on nerve damage and spinal problems nothing else seems to do what it does.
generally when I see a thread on JC2 and someone has had a prob 5 more people chime in to say they did not and its the best weed theve ever grown.
Any grower with a modicum of talent should have no problems with JC2 and while yes I only tested 10 seeds at the same time we had close to 500 seeds run with very litle problems it simply cant take any stress what so ever this is also true with the f1 mom.
We have spent the last 2 years working on a new more stable JC cross called Kaboom and the results look promising but it will be awhile before it clears testing.
Make a mointain out of a mole hill if ya want we stay sold out of JC2 and anyone that ever feels slighted just has to contact me for a replacement thats the way its always been.
JC f1 is not an easy plant to grow nor is JC2 but its certainly worth the effort for these that understand what there looking for.
Out of a few thousand people that have grown the JC2 I have had less than 5 complaints and thats a very good track record IMO.

The 3 females I saved from my test grow are still grown today by local med growers who hold it very high in there collection.
We have dozens of strains that exhibit zero herm traits but they do not have the medicinal properties of JC2.
That additional work required is well worth it to those that need its THC profile.

Sub

Sub First: Thanks for the reply to this thread...

Second: I know you have to be a very busy person... Which is why i said that those words were either yours or someone who monitors your accounts... I was not accusing you of having someone monitor you account...? I was just stating what i knew, which was I got a response from you or someone who represents you...

Third: I asked if there was anything special to look for in your JC2... Heres the exact quote...

"I also currently have some of your Jacks Cleaner 2... Anything special to keep an eye out for with that beauty?

Sub"

Your response to me was that the special one is the "f1 that has no nanas"...?

I really dont see how i turned a mole hill into a mountain when you the breeder is telling me the special one is the one with no nanas....?

I think thats kinda obvious to be honest and the mistake I can see that I made now is the short answer I gave ya it didnt help alot.

Id say the line herms much much less that la con so rate it there :)
Its easy to get several amazing keepers with JC2 I did and I have a folder of others than did as well but its listed as an advanced strain becuase out of say 6 females 2 will outright herm early and easy to spot and out of the other 4 at least 2 if not 3 would be monkey food free thats from multiple tracing on the line so when someone ask me about it I point blank let em know what I know.
JTR has a similar medicinal effect and much more stable but it dosn't have the same THC profile and thats what people want in JC2

Like this cat

Sub,

Just a note to tell you how pleased I am with your Jacs Cleaner 2. Man did you get it right when you bx'd this one. I get such a friggin grin and good buzz that I have to say this may be my new TGA favorite.

I got lots of large triangular buds with perhaps the frostiest plants I have ever grown. The yield was incredible and the smell.......total lemons. Fresh lemons, tarty lemons but all lemons. Every watering left me with sticky lemmony arms...lol.

I have people all over the world that have nerve damage and swear its the only cure so we keep the line for thoese people.

Sub

Subcool, you just gained props with me by addressing this. The reason some of us older growers get our undies in a wad is that...many med growers depend on breeders to work and test the strain. hermies can and will devastate a run quick and painfully. I understand that maybe that particular pheno is what certain medical peeps need. But upon the actual selling description that should be stated clearly that even the mother that created this pheno is easily stressed to hermie...which says that any stress will bring the obvious trait out.
it simply cant take any stress what so ever this is also true with the f1 mom.
6 females 2 will outright herm early and easy to spot

What sent me back was that they are getting sold off and the only way take for example "justanotherantmarching" the only way he found out was after the fact in a PM. Info like this should be clearly stated prior to purchase.

Advanced growing means that it will be fert picky or extra long flower times. Not easily prone to hermie. Also many local medical growers will use base seed bank bought stock to work with and outcross to work with there particular patients. Without knowledge of this hermie tendency it can really bite them in the rear and trash years of there own work down the road.

Thanks for chiming in subcool and giving everyone the info on the strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back