The Chinese Kung Flu...!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
I hope discussing the Coronavirus, the Chinese Kung Flu... is alright.

It's good that I live on my farm and the closest neighbor is a quarter mile away.
I wouldn't live anyplace else but now I am really glad for my solitude.
Solitude from people is solitude from problems as well as sicknesses.
Folks are dying out there!...

Now my friends, {y'all} are here in cyber land, and thats good.
Normally one trip to the store per month, is enough.
I've always lived that way.
Now I think about the 'have more plan' I read about at U. T. Austin in the early 70's.
It changed my life. "Out of the city and back to the land" was the theme.
I never though that a pandemic disease would come along.
I mean what the fxxx is that!?
But now that it has... now that it is evident that the less people one deals with in life, the better.
I find myself in a secure place.

I'll buy a box of 500 plastic gloves, lots of bleach, go buy food monthly like I always have done,
and life should be less worrisome. {thats a word}

Now I think I'll go get another beer...

Thank you...

Poet...

Oh Poet, good to hear from you. I am glad you are enjoying the isolation. I too like having an excuse not to leave my house. I grew up on a farm and I understand. I hope we can get a handle on the virus.

Poet, I also do better a bit removed from crowds. I've always known that I'd fare far better put down in the wilderness with nothing than being put down in a large city with nothing. As I got older, though, I found that I needed to be a bit closer to "services". After moving around a bit, we bought a little place on an acre about 15 miles from town (a small town pop. 22,000). We'll go to town about once a week--mostly for fresh produce, as we always have. We raise chickens and always have a garden.

While I worry less about myself and the virus (being a plumber teaches you to use gloves, wash lots and have bleach around), I worry about those I love in large cities and those with health issues. Like Rosebud, I hope that they can get a handle on this--it is scary.

20 years in the OR sterile technique is second nature to me !- This one will get me !- I'll survive but there is no safe or clean place to avoid this !-- The panic and disruption in the supply chain is breaking it down that will make things even worse -- This has to run it's course !- It's loose there is no stopping it now !-- The question is what kind of world will it be when we put it back together?-- Things will get much worse before they start to improve !

Timing really bit me on the butt !- Just put the beach house on the market - I'm in a rundown travel trailer at my nephew's while it sells !- Selling a house during a plaque ?-
So I can buy a place back up in the Big Thicket ?- I'm not so sure how things will work out ?-- I've got the nephew set up with a fine grow if he can keep it !--Now looks like I'll have to take it with me !-- When I can find a place of my own after the house sells !- Looking at a place back up in the woods on the river !-- I am concerned about being stuck in the middle when this hit !---Can't survive on that SS check !-- I got 14 girls to work with until I can sort them out !-- I just need a place to happen !

It's nice too see I'm not the only misanthrope here. I too grew up in the sticks, southern appalachia to be specific. But as most do at a young age I had a horrid case of wanderlust. I ended up after college moving to Italy to build and tech race cars on the F1 Circuit. Did that until I retired last year. Spent every other weekend in a sea of humanity all across the globe (highly overrated).

During that time I've seen a few of these outbreaks traveling the world. I have to say however this one really doesn't have any scare factor to me personally. Before I go on I should add that my f'iance is a Flight attendant. So I would say my/her risk factors are significantly higher than most. I currently split time in two locations, both relatively remote as the world is today.

From what I have deduced this "Kung Flu" as @The Poet so elegantly coined it, is mainly lethal to the elderly who suffer from some form of respiratory disorder. That within itself is a bad thing. But no more per incident, uncommon within the same class developing Pneumonia via respiratory infection, influenza, and so on.

It is a fact that the majority of individuals who have contracted the Kung Flu will be just fine. Alot of cases have run the course of infection with the standard meds we all take during flu, etc.. & came out fine. I would, and can only assume this will be the case for the Kung Flu as well.

Before my next statement I must disclose that I have no current political agenda at all.
Nor did not vote in the last election, due to what I deemed as lack of quality candidates on either side. Feel the same about this year as well. That said, the media as a whole as I see it, is blowing this a bit out of proportion. No real facts or inference. Just doomsday theories as to how the current administration is inept and going to kill us.
Personally I take everything I hear and read from all media with an entire shaker of salt.

As I stated I'm not a political name supporter or a Liberal supporter. But the media bias is rampant, Mr, Magoo could see it. As for me, I'm unphased, I have ZPacs, Theraflu, antibiotics, a stockpile of Bourbon, Buds, & Cigars. And will continue to live a unashamed, unabashed life of freedom and Frivolity. And wishing the same to all...

El Jabo -- Welcome to MP !-- The media has no information to work with !- People are afraid of the unknown and there's plenty of unknowns now !- My concern is not the flu but the break down of the supply chain !- I'm need some more LEDs soon and they probably be Chinese -- Nothing happening for awhile there - No cargo moving out of China or anywhere world wide - Eventually it touches everyone !-
- Do U grow ?-- or want to learn ?--

Latest posts

Back