The Economy and Prices of weed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm.. during the "Great depression" back in the 30's, the moonshiners were some of those that suffered least, economically.

An "old" guy told me a story about working in a logging camp back during the prohibition. Said there was a fella' that worked there, would sell you a "sack lunch" for a dollar. After you gave him a buck, he would tell you where to find your sack lunch. Something like "Look over there, under that stump". You would find a pint of white lighting between two slices of bread, in a brown paper bag... ;)

Prices...

for me its (and remember this is GBP) £25 an 1/8th, £40 a 1/4, £70 a 1/2 and usually about £140 an ounce. we usually get a half or an ounce, and yea even when we're broke still manage to find the cash somehow...scarey! For hash (although I haven't seen anything worht buying since college) its half that price usually. I do actually really like hash, but its always stuff that does not get you high in the slightest over here now. Sad really.

lol hippy, it seems to be like this all over the country. I only wish I had figured out that I could grow my own 3 years ago when I had space! Then I mighta had a GOOD stash of homegrown. But hey, I will do again sometime. Hope your having a good friday afternoon... I gotta go find out what to wear for halloween tonight hehe :)

Here in IL it's really ruff,....400 for a Qp of Bullcrap!!!!!! Although i had no need to buy any., a friend of mine wanted to know were i get my bud and y i always have the best **** he evea had."Friends thats on the down-low, and no, they will only sell to people they knew for 10+yrs"(Im keeping all my smoke for me and wifey LOL). Also its an election year. Around here it turns into a dust-bowl for any election that comes up. After the bill clinton election, u could find a Qp of some nice good bud for $250, but it slowly went up as the next election came close. And it aint been right sence. But as long as i grow i will always pay the lowest price for the best DANK FRUITY KIND BUDZ that i love. May have to wait a while for the bud lady to come but all it cost iz a light bill.

this is the biggest impact. it use to cost wayyy less to order seeds from amsterdam or anywhere overseas for that matter, in the 90's. now we end up playing a lot more cuz the dollor is crap. but as far as weed prices have gon, they have all ways been the same since i was a middle school an high school kid, back in the late 90's. 50-60 for an 1/8 20 bucks a gram. 300 an O if u know the right people an, a G for a QP. wich all sounds fair to me. being how weed is illeage an all.

really the onlything that has changed is that, there are so many names cuz thers something about marry................

I still say its worth it to grow your own. Quality comes nowhere near what we can do here with each other's help when compared to the commercial stuff alotta of us smoke from time to time. I like buying seeds, its easy and there is such a large range of strains. Really exciting stuff when those packages come through! And you never really know where your money is ending up or who you "support" by buying commercial nug.

BluntFullOfKush said:
Here in IL it's really ruff,....400 for a Qp of Bullcrap!!!!!! Although i had no need to buy any., a friend of mine wanted to know were i get my bud and y i always have the best **** he evea had."Friends thats on the down-low, and no, they will only sell to people they knew for 10+yrs"(Im keeping all my smoke for me and wifey LOL). Also its an election year. Around here it turns into a dust-bowl for any election that comes up. After the bill clinton election, u could find a Qp of some nice good bud for $250, but it slowly went up as the next election came close. And it aint been right sence. But as long as i grow i will always pay the lowest price for the best DANK FRUITY KIND BUDZ that i love. May have to wait a while for the bud lady to come but all it cost iz a light bill.

I'm also in IL and its just crazy to find it right now, and getting weight is completely out of the question. Its hard enough to find an eighth.

well i can find u all the swage u want, mexico is just a hop skip an jump away from me, a pound of swag gos for 250 around here. but i am tired of smoking 3 blunts to get the affect of the one bowl of dro

Wiseguy_Chef said:
well i can find u all the swage u want, mexico is just a hop skip an jump away from me, a pound of swag gos for 250 around here. but i am tired of smoking 3 blunts to get the affect of the one bowl of dro

LoL a pound of swaG for 250!! thats so cool. I guess if someone smoked weed like tobacco that would be a steal. I'd buy a pound of swag for 250, if I lived in mexico probably.

I wish i had the money to open a hydro shop, if things don't change more people in the states will just start growing their own. I bet the person who created Fox farm is a billionaire by now.

I havent had any smoke for three weeks now, thats a pretty long stretch for me, but to be honest I want seeds more than i want pot right now.
marijuana has, and will always be the biggest cash crop in america. nothing will change that.

Hey, if i could open my hydro shop i would clear a shelf for ramon noodles, it would be like a one stop shop for smokers, a little wally world.

After this harvest here in the northeren end of California, excellent green bud is going for $400 a quarter pound (this being the low end if you know a grower who sells quarters). That is the last price I heard the other day. Otherwise, buying small amounts has not changed in over 25 years. $40-45 an 1/8th, 80-90 a 1/4th, 250-300 a ounce. The price of small personal amounts never varies, tho during late summer it is harder to find.
I also heard the other day, that there were buyers from Co-ops up here searching for pot to buy, offering extreemly high prices for pounds. Never heard anyone take them up on it tho. Maybe that was a "sting" the feds came up with.

thats funny,while reading this post i realized i do not even know what the price on the street is.its been a long time since i have had to buy any.and gonna be alot longer too.as i have many qt jars a aging and getting ready to add to the stash.thats whats good about being the only one smoking in the house,hehe

omnigr33n said:
LoL a pound of swaG for 250!! thats so cool. I guess if someone smoked weed like tobacco that would be a steal. I'd buy a pound of swag for 250, if I lived in mexico probably.

250 peso's maybe, lol, or 21, USA Dollors. an it ant the brick nasty weed if we go to guadalajara, i can get a qp of some dank for 60 peso's. no sticks no steams i need, they got real acapulco gold that bomb *** weed! (at swage prices!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wiseguy_Chef said:
250 peso's maybe, lol, or 21, USA Dollors. an it ant the brick nasty weed if we go to guadalajara, i can get a qp of some dank for 60 peso's. no sticks no steams i need, they got real acapulco gold that bomb *** weed! (at swage prices!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Are you saying you can actually buy good weed at mexican prices?? now i know where my next vacation spot is gonna be.

Well as far as prices go in nyc..its like $20 for 0.7-0.9 grams. I used to have a dude that sold me dimes, but thats impossible nowadays unless you live in the ghetto. The closest thing to an eighth that I can find is 2.4 grams (if you are lucky) for $50 and the prices for Oz's vary from quality to quality. Could be anywhere from $375 up. I guess personal consumption prices in general have stayed stagnant for years. However, people tell me you could buy huge nickel bags back in the day so the prices may have stayed the same but the quantity changed as well as the quality so I guess its kind of tricky.

mmm its really less than swag prices. but it is grade just like u score here in the usa, no seeds, sicks, just big huge buds. when i whent i saw 100 plants that where over 8 feet tall, an huge huge HUGE buds. i need to find the pics, i took an show yall.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
mmm its really less than swag prices. but it is grade just like u score here in the usa, no seeds, sicks, just big huge buds. when i whent i saw 100 plants that where over 8 feet tall, an huge huge HUGE buds. i need to find the pics, i took an show yall.

pics would be really cool.

Latest posts

Back