The Feds blink... WA and CO MJ laws get federal go ahead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait for Texas to get its act together.

WeedHopper said:
Cant wait for Texas to get its act together.

Yeah... On so many levels. :)

I am not holding my breath on my state of NJ. At least while republicans are running the show.

great insight NCH---i agree with you totally---especially "if you ain't scared when you fire your lights, you ain't big enough"---that's about it in a nutshell

When I said greenhouses outside. Those are set up with CO2 and lights when needed. Industrial everything. You can at least take advantage every year of some sunshine and then choose to bloom with lights.

At .08 per kilowatt, that is some of the cheapest electricity in the country. If your zoned "rural", it can get as low as .04 per kilowatt. That's a huge savings yearly on lighting. 10's of thousands alone, depending on watts.

I would agree that the route would be to stick with a couple known ladies that produce decently of really good herb, vs something that yields huge and sell for less. At the end of the day, you could make the same with less work. More herb = more work.

If I had it in me. I would buy a foreclosed piece of property, fence it off and pour a huge basement w/ living space above. You could have that whole set up, raw land, septic, well, power, structure, fencing for around 220k or $1600 a month.

There is something to be said about having everything in one safe spot.

I saw some Light Dep greenhouse yesterday that was straight fire, real nice herb. It can be done.
Electrical costs is one of the biggest expenses for sure. Any savings that can be done with that will surly help overhead.
But what I am talking about is much, much larger then a basement.
You gotta go 80+ lights at least. At least.
That is how you will make it in the Biz. Too many folks will have 8-20 lights everywhere you look in the coming months. This is what will cause the price drop.
Huge influx of mediocre herb. Again, that will cause the shift from "what weed do you have", to "what is the ticket?". It will soon become about the number, not so much the herb.

From my experience, this will ring true. What happens is "the fear" of going Big will soon diminish. Everyone will go "big", or at least go big in their minds.
Then, they will produce a bunch of herb that they cannot flip fast enough.
Soon, they will drop their price just to move it, because they are getting ready to harvest again.
Here comes the 1800-2200 indoor price range, if you are lucky. I see Indoor for 1000 and up. 2200 will have to be SUPER bomb. The kind of herb that you would think would fetch 3000.
The 3000 days locally will be over, mark my words.

So, in a nutshell, folks will go bigger, producing more herb then they can sell, driving the price down.

The only way to compete is go STUPID big.

When you go stupid big, electrical cost will be an afterthought. It just won't matter, as Employee costs will overshadow all other expenses. Finding good help will be an issue also, as time goes by, employees will start to think that you can't do it without them. Never Fails.
A Simple answer to this...."Your Fired".

NC, I am sure you have experienced this already.

Management skills will be a must. All I can say is treat your people right, pay them well. You can't process big shows all by yourself, believe that.

With all this said, I just got space to double my production. It's on and krackin'.

Cool,,if my State goes legal someday,,and double Cool if the prices go down where PPL can afford to buy killer bud,, without hurten to bad in the pocket book for the working man,, who likes to smoke good weed but still needs to feed his family.

Latest posts

Back