The Men Who Stare at Goats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intuitive Philosopher

DeepInhaler/DeepThinker
Reaction score
hey all. I just ready Boomslang's post about Paranormal Activity. I have heard that the movie is good and quite disturbing.

Nov. 6 is the release of the "The men who stare at goats". Has anyone heard much about this movie? I think the subject is really interesting....psychedelics giving people super powers. Wow...if that were the case, I would be freaking Superman!!!

Anyhow, I want to see it. Has anyone seen it yet? I know it hasn't been released yet but its amazing what you can find online....

Only seen the previews on T.V. but it sure does look funny. ;)

psychedelics giving people super powers If that was the case, I be every comic book hero and villian rolled into 1..

How you been IP havn't seen you in awhile?

ozzydiodude said:
psychedelics giving people super powers If that was the case, I be every comic book hero and villian rolled into 1..

How you been IP havn't seen you in awhile?

I know right...that makes two of us. I think we can all agree that often times psychedelics make you feel like you have super powers...

Case in point: a group of 3 severely dosed individuals....we all decide to flip a coin and mentally persuade the coin to land on heads 10 times in a row. Well, with a 50/50 chance every time you can imagine what the result would probably be. Guess what...we flipped heads the first 9 times...9 freakin times!!!!! Did the same thing the next weekend only the next weekend we only managed 8. Tried with 2 people and 4 people....never worked. There is just something about "3".

Anyhow, craziness.

I have been good Ozzy, thanks for asking. And you? I need to get on here more...just between work, the business and watching my boy...I hardly have enough time for anything anymore.

But I still find time to :bong2: ;) :hubba:

Governments have done a lot of crazy stuff with mind control and whatnot but its cool to see a comedy about it. I can't wait I think it looks hilarious and can't wait.

Yea, it opens tomorrow. As soon as I can pull the wife away from the photo biz for awhile, we are going to go watch it.

Hey, this was my 101st post! WOohoo!

IP I cant wait for a movie review so I know if it's worth the money! please...

It looked pretty good when i saw the previews in the theater...I will see if I can get a dvd screener online this weekend...if not I will con the wife into going next week...

IP, TBG, Disco, Oz Man, 2Dog, HL.:ciao: :banana: :bong1: ...

i laughed my hiney off at the previews when they were sitting in a room all staring at a goat intensely. and one was doing the face twitch thing, deep in mind control on the goat, when BAM, the goat keels over on the floor. talk about some mind mojo. lol. lol.

:48:

Hey Irish, TBG, DISCO, OZ, 2Dog and HL :ciao:

I'm guessing all of us will be getting extremely baked before seeing the movie! I love good comedies about psychedelics..especially when I'm on them!

Intuitive Philosopher said:
Hey Irish, TBG, DISCO, OZ, 2Dog and HL :ciao:

I'm guessing all of us will be getting extremely baked before seeing the movie! I love good comedies about psychedelics..especially when I'm on them!
don't recall the last movie i saw that i wasn't high for.
definatly will check this one out.. looks promising, and has a great cast (the Dude abides ;) )

it starts playing here tomorrow.... my girl took the day off so we can go see it early afternoon.... looks hilarious!

fleshstain said:
it starts playing here tomorrow.... my girl took the day off so we can go see it early afternoon.... looks hilarious!

We want a review asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes flesh, a review will be grand.:) , and even better if you film it , and post it on megavid.;) :D ...

Entertainment weekly gave it an F...they never give F's...I was shocked.

i give it a B+.... it's actually a pretty good movie.... sorry guys, i'm not spoiling anything for anybody.... i will tell you that even though it's partially based off of a true story or true events, it's very hard to tell what's true and what's flat out parody.... i thought Clooney and Spacey were great.... some people will love this movie, and some people will hate it.... you just need to see it and judge for yourself.... i personally have a pretty eclectic taste when it comes to movies, and this one was right up my alley....

just remember, some will be disappointed, some will not....

2Dog said:
Entertainment weekly gave it an F...they never give F's...I was shocked.

if you see it you'll understand.... it just won't be some people's cup of tea while others will drink it with a kool-aid smile.... like i did :D

fleshstain said:
if you see it you'll understand.... it just won't be some people's cup of tea while others will drink it with a kool-aid smile.... like i did :D

Thanks for the review Flesh. How about your girl, did she like it?

Is there alot of ingestion of psychedelics and you have to have been there and done it to understand the comedy?

my girl loved it too!

it's like Pineapple Express or Half Baked.... you don't have to be a stoner to get it.... but it helps :D

Latest posts

Back